MEPS closed on labor day?
Create Post

MEPS closed on labor day?

Hello Marines I was just wondering because I am pretty sure my recruiter doesn't know whats going on because I was supposed to ship this coming Sunday but, now I seem to be shipping Monday to the hotel and getting all of my stuff done Tuesday than shipping of to MCRD SD that night. Does bootcamp normally start on Tuesdays? also will my graduation date Dec. 2nd be affected by this.(if I earn the title of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by chad6025 View Post
    Hello Marines I was just wondering because I am pretty sure my recruiter doesn't know whats going on because I was supposed to ship this coming Sunday but, now I seem to be shipping Monday to the hotel and getting all of my stuff done Tuesday than shipping of to MCRD SD that night. Does bootcamp normally start on Tuesdays? also will my graduation date Dec. 2nd be affected by this.(if I earn the title of course.)
    I shipped to boot camp on Monday, arrived early Tuesday morning. Interestingly enough, there is no real set time for arrival at boot camp. There's a range of a few days, during which time you sit in Receiving waiting for the platoons to be formed up.

If you're shipping, you're shipping. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a skeleton crew on duty at MEPS just for this circumstance. They aren't going to stop a week of recruit training just for one holiday. It won't affect your grad date.

Good luck!

No matter what day you arrive at MCRD, nothing really starts until Friday. That is when you do your IST and are picked up by your Drill Instructors. Everything leading up to that is just processing.

With you not leaving until Tuesday you will have 1 less day to get everything done so don't expect to sleep too much that first week.

As far as MEPS being closed, it is true. We are closed on Monday for Labor Day so everyone is shipping on Tuesday. Your Graduation date will not be affected by this at all.

Your Recruiter might not of noticed that it was a holiday and initially told you that you would be leaving on Monday.

Thread Information