Another worthless waste of space by a TL spamtoad
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Another worthless waste of space by a TL spamtoad

I copied and pasted this from another websites forums. It was called Semper Lie...

The ignorance of Marines and civilians is annoying. Read this Marines (but you won't because the truth hurts).

First let us dispel some myths about the USMC. They are not first to fight. WWI the first people there was the Army 1st Infantry Division, WWII Army 32nd, Korea was Army 24th, Vietnam was Army Special Forces (Marines had the first conventional unit), Grenada & Panama was Army 82nd Airborne and 75th Rangers, Gulf War was 82nd, Bosnia and Kosovo was Army 1st Armored and 82nd, Iraq/Afghanistan was Army Special Forces, 10th Mountain, 82nd, and 101st Air Assault. Congrats Marines for being first to be at Somalia for humanitarian services.

Marines aren't the best marksman, sure every Marine qualifies for rifle training every year no matter what MOS you have, but when has that ever been applied in combat? Once, in Iraq the band had to pick up rifles because the infantry was getting their *** kicked. Even then the band didn't actually do anything. Instead of spending their 4% of military budget on training cooks how to shoot, they could spend that on getting equipment for their infantry. Also, the Army has won marksmanship contest for 11 years in a row.

Just because Drill Instructors are more harsh during Boot Camp doesn't make them better, instead of spending time learning about history, marching, and how to swim, the Army focuses on training (which explains why Marines have a much higher chance of dying).

Marines have a reputation for being the best but why? In the Gulf War, Marine communications MOS' were required to give information to reporters so that the Marines could get a good reputation, that is why 75% of the reports were about the USMC even though the Army and Air Force were doing most of the work. The Army isn't insecure and they have substance to back their accomplishments so they don't need to go running to the media.

Congress has discussed getting rid of the USMC or merging them with the Army because they aren't needed and take up tax dollars. ANYTHING the Corps can do the Army can do. The largest amphibious assault ever done was done by the Army. D-Day, Saving Private Ryan? That was the Army.

Marines always pull BS like "THE REASON THE ARMY HAS SO MANY RANGERS IS BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO STANDARDS!" No it is because we are 5x larger and way more funded. You're E-3's do as much as our E-4's which is true, but that is why Soldiers don't stay E-3 for long, instead they just promote you. Also the Army has a higher quality of life (which really doesn't matter) but I would much rather have my own nice room instead of having to deal with some random 19 year old jacking off and farting all night.

If you want to compare a 11b vs 0311, 11b is better. Their training is equal. Army shoots 300 yard stationary and 150 yard moving/pop up targets. Marines shoot 500 yard and 300 yard stationary. 11b focuses on survival tactics more while 0311's focus on offensive abilities more. So I would say they are about equal until you consider the Army has better equipment.

82nd Airborne owns Marine infantry, the 82nd holds them to amazing standards and discipline, and airborne insertions can be done anywhere and are practical, we haven't done a real amphibious assault since Korea 60 years ago. Same can be said for 101st Air Assault.

Rangers dump on Recon Marines. They go through Airborne, RASP, and Ranger School. Recon goes to BRC. Rangers are in SOCOM (like SEALs/SF). Recon are just a highly trained Marine unit. Recon Marines can't do massive direct action assaults, Rangers can do reconnaissance though. The only thing Recon has on Rangers is the maritime aspect (that helps in land-locked countries *sarcasm*).

The only special ops unit the Marines have was created to take a load off Special Forces and is a copy of SF. They have done 11% of the spec ops work since 2006, Special Forces has done more than SEALs, CCTs, or anyone else. We don't even need to talk about Delta Force since the Marines don't have a tier 1 unit.

Medal of Honor statistics:
    Army: 2355
    Navy: 745
    Marine Corps: 296
    Army Air Corps: 42
    Air Force: 17

All Marines can brag about is loud Drill Instructors, pride, and reputation. None of that rep has been earned unless you consider flocking to the media earning a rep.

The Marines appeal to insecure teenagers who don't do their homework on the military before signing their life away to a organization that can get them killed. I certainly appreciate the sacrifices Marines have made, I'm not trying to down that. But I am saying that Marines aren't the best, they are inferior, also any of their 'accomplishments' have no backing, substance, or have been earned.

If you don't believe any of this use Google.

What do Marines have to say to this? He pretty much $hit on the Marine Corps and made the Marine Corps wipe his a$$ after.

Quote Originally Posted by adparks14 View Post
    What do Marines have to say to this? He pretty much $hit on the Marine Corps and made the Marine Corps wipe his a$$ after.
    If you were intelligent enough to do your own research instead of looking at some baseless rant,you may have had a purpose to this thread.

You might want to look at the MOH statistics for instance and see why there is a difference in numbers.

There are plenty errors in that, particularly in the training areas. The typical civilian, POG, or person from another service wouldn't know any better, as you've shown, but I have little patience to correct such an obvious attempt at trolling the older, more sensitive people here.

Nice try though.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Fulloshet.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    After about the 2nd line of bullSh!t all I saw was blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!

WHATEVER!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    84,,,, lets go out,,,,,,. This bullpucky is for the lamebrained. We could have a better time with popcorn and a movie.

Spoken like someone who's truly scared of the Marine Corps. Especially Recruit Training. Moot.

Parks, put your skirt back on and join the army. You are nothing but a troll. None of your posts have done anything to prove otherwise. You aren't even a poolee, you are lower that that. Whomever wrote your little story, has little pecker syndrome: it's comical to read sounds like a true chump hater. If everybody could be Marines, it would be called the army.

Go pound sand, and then go army.

I love when I look down below the thread and it shows Curent Active Users Viewing This Thread, and there is one member (me) and four guests viewing this thread. Tells me parks is probably coming from TL and his boys/clowns are coming here to see the show. Give it up, I will stomp you and all the TL idiots every chance I get.

But that is Ok, cause I have two fake profiles over on TL and it's good for a laugh now and then.

Marines have always had better looking wives and girlfriends, now it's time to move on.

Can you guys please point out what is wrong about any of this instead of just saying "NO IT'S WRONG". Why is it wrong?
    DanM: What is incorrect about any of this, please point it out? The MoH stats are near correct and are you trying to state the Army has an advantage?
    methatswho: What is incorrect about the training section?
    Lava Dog: There are going to be more Army, Navy, and Air Force POW because there are more service members in those branches.
    TylenolPM: Thank you for the reasonable answer, you sound like you actually graduated from high school.
    Swampfox: Boot Camp isn't that hard. I knew a guy who we used to murder in football practice, I loved hitting him, worst player on the team, weight room joke. He is now a 0331, standard 18 year old kid. Talked to him on Facebook not long ago and he said conditioning at the end of practice got to him more than anything he did in Boot Camp (besides when he got in trouble).
    thewookie: Okay... congrats for having a membership
    temarti: That's true

The Corps is definitively full of bull ****, but one thing that sticks out in my mind in the OP is the outdated information about Marine Corps marksmanship. Every Marine is required to qual on 200 yard moving targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Ieprechaun View Post
    The Corps is definitively full of bull ****, but one thing that sticks out in my mind in the OP is the outdated information about Marine Corps marksmanship. Every Marine is required to qual on 200 yard moving targets.
    That is what I mean by a good response, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by adparks14 View Post
    methatswho: What is incorrect about the training section?

If you want to compare a 11b vs 0311, 11b is better. Their training is equal. Army shoots 300 yard stationary and 150 yard moving/pop up targets. Marines shoot 500 yard and 300 yard stationary.
    We have multiple different tables that we shoot on. What your post leaves out is tables 2, 3, and 4. It’s also inaccurate about table 1’s course of fire. Tables 2-4 include movements in full combat gear, firing on multiple targets, and night fire courses among other things.
    11b focuses on survival tactics more while 0311's focus on offensive abilities more

I’m honestly not even entirely sure what the author is trying to say here, but I think he’s saying Marines are more focused on killing, while the army is more focused on not getting killed? Our job is to locate, close with, and destroy the enemy, so I won’t argue with that. I guess the army’s job is to avoid and survive the enemy. Fine. [/font]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']
    the Army has better equipment
    This may have been the case years ago (I don’t know when this was written) but it doesn’t hold true any longer. 03 Marines are very well equipped these days.
    airborne insertions can be done anywhere and are practical, we haven't done a real amphibious assault since Korea 60 years ago

Much to your dismay, the Marine Corps does amphib assaults on a regular basis. Your mistake is that you are thinking in a 1950s frame of mind. Every time the Marine Corps lands a large amount of troops from a ship by helicopter is one more amphib assault. Not that I’m trying to be the bearer of bad news, cause I know you badly want to believe that post, but the last amphibious assault was in 2011.
    They go through Airborne, RASP, and Ranger School. Recon goes to BRC.

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Actually, we go to pretty much the same schools as Rangers.
    Recon Marines can't do massive direct action assaults

You’re insane if you believe this. I guess all those people we killed should get back up, because there’s no way in hell they could have been killed by a unit that can’t mount any direct assaults.
    that helps in land-locked countries *sarcasm

Great, the author doesn’t even know what rotary birds are.
    They have done 11% of the spec ops work since 2006

You’re quick to mention numbers when benefitial to your cause, but you forget to mention how much smaller the Marine Corps is than other branches.
    The Army isn't insecure

This is the most comical part of the entire post to me, because this could only be written by a bitter person who is full of insecurities. It’s quite sad, actually. But what’s more sad is that you bought it, hook, line, and sinker, without giving any thought or doing any research of your own.

Thread Information