Security Clearance
Create Post

Security Clearance

Hey hows it going. I am enlisted and leaving for boot camp on 20111212 and am signed to the AG contract. This means I have to pass a security clearance. I was told when I went to MEPS that since I was found not guilty on a case I had last year, that I didnt need to tell the people at MEPS it existed. Well I went through everything just fine, but today I finally had my security clearance meeting. When they asked me questions such as "Have you ever been arrested", "Have you ever had a court summons", and "Have you ever been charged with anything" etc. I said no, come to find out they had a file from me in court for a "Vandalism" account, which was dropped. The lady asked me why I lied and drilled me with questions and I had to explain the situation and how I was blamed for something I didnt do and how I thought since it was dropped it did not count towards anything. Can anyone help me out?? Maybe with past experiences on how you might think this could turn out. I am very scared to lose my MOS, it is what I want to do and I really do not want to lose it after coming this close. Oh and I have never been arrested, just summoned to court once.

Thanks for any advice or help you can give me.

I'm pretty new to the site, but yes telling the truth is always a big thing. My recruiter made it seem like I possibly wouldnt get in and that I would be okay by denying things since i was never actually arrested or charged, and ive heard that this is just what you have to do to get in. Now I dont know what I'm to do when the moment of truth comes like I feel stuck. Im going to pt in about 20 minutes so Ill have to talk with my recruiter but I just wish I had a little better guidance. Cant really blame anyone but myself though

Hey back from pt. It was dismissed, I dont know really how different that is than getting dropped. But my next step would be basic training. I leave in December and as long as I passed the Security Clearance I would be all set with my MOS and everything, but now that this has come up, I dont know whats to come. My recruiter told me he is pretty sure I will be alright, but I'd rather hear what people outside of recruiting have to say, since it isnt your job to keep me in

Yea and on my part it isn't going to help me. Which really sucks because I want this job more than anything

I see now. Well I will definitely be around to let you know, thanks for all the help!

That question is the one they use (as well as Law enforcement uses it when they screen applicants), "Have you EVER been ARRESTED/CHARGED?"

That is what they want to know...NOT the fact that the case was dropped, you got found not guilty, it was someone else, etc etc etc.

It's a 'trick' question to get you to tell all. And since every arrest, even by tiny little 2 man agencies, is now tracked via computer nowadays, any failure to answer truthfully on your part can be used as grounds to DQ you.

Hard lesson to learn. I hope it works out, but take heed....

Once arrested, you'll ALWAYS have to answer that question "YES" and explain whatever dumb shivt you did, because you just don't know if someone has that arrest record....or not.

Well see I never was arrested, I only had a summons and then it was dismissed. But I answered to no to everything thinking I would be okay and it wouldnt be on my record, only to find out that "I lied".

We all learn some lessons the hard way. Hope it works out for you.

will do Dave thanks

Thread Information