Wear the blues on my 21st birthday?
Create Post

Wear the blues on my 21st birthday?

Well there is no doubt that I'm gonna go to a bar (or several bars). Is it a bad time to wear your dress blues out on your 21st birthday? I know there is nothing that says I can't right?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trakker8290 View Post
    Well there is no doubt that I'm gonna go to a bar (or several bars). Is it a bad time to wear your dress blues out on your 21st birthday? I know there is nothing that says I can't right?
    Nothing says you can't, but common sense says you shouldn't, especially if you intend to have more than one or two small drinks - with dinner.

Civvies is the best uniform-of-the-day for celebrating your 21st. Otherwise known as, "Discretion is the better part of valor".

Thats true

Yeah i guess that makes sense, 21st means that you're probably gonna fall over at some point. I wouldn't wanna do that in uniform. Thanks.

Just remember Devil Dog, One Tequilla Two Tequilla Three Tequilla FLOOR

LOL. Good advice. And I certainly can see why you would WANT to....but I would advise against it in THIS instance.

HORRIBLE idea. HORRIBLE.

I believe you could actually get charged for getting hammered in uniform out in town. Conduct unbecoming. Not 100%

Credits
    Savings
    Uniforms ain't cheap.
    and Blues show barf no matter how you wipe it
    Terrible to get legless , or falling down drunk and expect a
    Dress Uniform to be serviceable when you finish.
    Utilities and Khakis arent an option,, consider Civies !!!!!

IF you decide to wear them (which I agree with most that have responded here about not wearing them), make sure you wear bravos (ribbons and badges) since alphas are to be worn generally only at command functions (MC ball). Service charlies are also allowed for wear on liberty, maybe consider those since they are more comfortable and cheaper to replace.

If you make the decision to wear any MC uniform at your Bday celebration, maybe wear them for the first couple places and change after that. The wear of the uniform really isn't the issue in this case, it is more of a case of what you do while wearing the uniform. If you are at a bar and having a couple drinks and taking it easy that's all fine and dandy, but it doesn't give a good impression if you become that guy being boisterous, chugging down beers, taking shots, stumbling, etc.

Regardless, have fun and enjoy yourself

and yet here I find you again, weiyan! remember the conversation about staying out of grown up conversations?

If you decide to wear a uniform please remember to keep it classy!!! Nothing worse than seeing a sh!t faced Marine in uniform. Happy 21st Birthday btw!

Thread Information