MOS for woman Marines
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb MOS for woman Marines

Hello...I am 21 5'1 105 pds... I have been looking for a good MOS, nothing that requires for me to sit behind a desk for my whole 1st year, I want something that would be challenging, hands on, something where I never have the chance to be bored. people always tell me "well go for what you like" well Ive always been the kinda of chick that never really had a major in college, I never really knew what I wanted to do as far as a career, Im the type of chick though that anything I put my mind to I can accomplish 100%, so my question is, what are MOS that you would recommend for someone like me? I would like to know what kind of MOS you have or wish you had and how is it?

I would also LOVE to hear experiences!!!!!! Ive met and heard from a lot of male Marines but would love to hear the experiences from a womans perspective!! like how was your first day? how did you feel? has it changed your life? how are/were you treated? do you regret anything? how are your feelings from then to now? ANY EXPERIENCES/STORIES WOULD BE GREAT!! I am VERY EXCITED TO BE JOINING AND I KNOW THIS WILL BE A HARD EARNED STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!! THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!

Credits
    Savings
    Kini Model
    You can post pics on this site and we can help you choose the best one

Im lost?? it said my upload failed? can you see my picture?

On the serious side of things (from a WM) there are plenty of things you can do without being admin and sitting on your ass. I myself was a helo airframes mechanic. Really what it all comes down to is what interests you the most (and what your score allows you to pursue). From truck driver to flight crew just depends on what is available and what you qualify for.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Nice sunglasses

Get used to the razzing it's all a part of what 'we' do LOL. There are female Marines on here, they'll show up eventually and help you out for sure. Don't lose heart or hope...

And, of course, talk to a recruiter. They are the best at answering this EXACT question. Seriously. And don't call but go in person, that way they know you are serious.

Thanks !!! South Beach Shades

to alL who answered what weRe your MOS? did you like/regret it?

Hated Comm.

Liked Intel.

Liked the Grunts but not enough to stay after one tour LOL

I'm Combat Camera. I get to do a lot and also have down time. you'll never pick up rank though. If I could do it over I would defininatly go Crew Chief. You'll always get crap for being a female. Once ou get that title though you are a Marine. Not a woman Marine or a wookie or anything else. You are a Marine. How people percieve you though is up to your actions.

I was thinkin a lot about Avionics. Would that be a good field to start in? which Avionic MOS number would it be if i wanted to be a technician for planes? I keep searching but im having a hard time distinguishing some.

Combat Camera huh???? I was interested in that as well glad you gave me a heads up Gonzo

I heard when you get into Intel you dont have a personal life anymore. I was told they tap your phones and stuff o.O SPPOOOOKKKYYYY

Credits
    Savings
    Intel is the plush duty
    Like you said ,your actions are monitored

MOS I identified with was Recon

life

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWM View Post
    I heard when you get into Intel you dont have a personal life anymore. I was told they tap your phones and stuff o.O SPPOOOOKKKYYYY
    When you become a Marine you do not have personal life. You area Marine and that should be all the life you want.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was an Ordie (Ordnance aka BOMBS) a loooooooooong time ago. Going in the Corps was THE best thing I have ever done in my life! I don't have regrets about anything I've ever done, much less have regrets about the Corps. LOL! Having the Corps on your resume will (most times) automatically guarantee YOU get the job!

Thread Information