You can't escape people
Create Post

You can't escape people

[FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']You Can't Escape People[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']Author:[/FONT][FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif'] [/FONT][FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']Pastor Gary Keesee[/FONT][FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif'] | Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 7:23pm [/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif'][/FONT][FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']Ever heard the saying, “Perception is reality?” Some people think it’s not a true statement, but it is when it comes to leadership. And, the enemy sure knows it. [/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']It started in the Garden when he asked Eve, “Did God reallysay…?” And, he never stopped. See, the enemy hates leadership, because he knows that God uses leaders to mold and mentor people for their destiny. If he can disrupt that, then he can alter people’s lives. So, he whispers all kinds of false perceptions to corrupt your opinion of leaders so he can bring you out from under them, or people out from under you if you’re a leader. Because he knows that if he can break the respect people have for a leader, he can also destroy the team.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']It’s been working. The world’s system has perverted the image of leadership so much so that most people don’t trust anyone in leadership positions, including pastors and government officials. Our culture has turned leadership into a self-serving thing, and people are fed up. There have been plenty of malfunctions in leadership in ministry, in business, and in our government over the years, but just because people have failed in those offices doesn’t mean that God didn’t design leadership.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']God raises a leader for every task He wants to accomplish. Every one of us is called to some level of leadership. As we mature in our ability to lead, God moves us on to lead bigger and better things. But, you’ll never get there by yourself. Wherever you go in life, whatever plans you have, will require people. God designed your destiny to include other people, so you have to be the right kind of follower and the right kind of leader or you’ll never get there.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']Pay attention to the perceptions you have of your leaders. Do you listen to the whispers? If someone says, “Gary doesn’t like me very much. He walked down the hall and didn’t say hi,” would you jump in? Would you let it alter your perception of me? You shouldn’t. It’s God’s job to deal with the leaders, not yours. He’ll even remove them if He has to. You just need to keep your heart toward where God has placed you.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']Your leader needs you no matter your position. In our culture, though, you’re often viewed as second-class if you’re not in leadership. Much like the Superbowl, when we focus on the quarterback, how many passes he completed, the yardage he covered, etc. But, the quarterback couldn’t accomplish anything without his team. They’re the ones blocking for him. They’re doing their best with their gifts to help him with his gift. They’re celebrating the fact that he can throw that pass, because they know they’re all going to get a bonus check if they win. That’s how we have to be in the Kingdom of God.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']Remember that the next time you think your position or place is any less effective or necessary. When you stand before God, you’ll have the exact same reward as the leader you’re serving.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']Now, if you’re responsible for others, you have to be the right kind of leader. In fact, that’s true even if you’re only leading yourself. Be aware of people’s perceptions of you. Loving God isn’t enough. Plenty of people love God and still fail in life because they can’t lead. You can’t cause people to become indignant toward you and think you’ll reach your destiny. Are you worthy of their respect? Are you worthy of their confidence? Or are doing things like taking cash deals under the table, lying to your wife, showing up late, or ignoring calls from bill collectors?[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']God is only as big as your word is to yourself. If you’re a liar, if you don’t keep your word, if you renege on your promises, you will view God as the same. Remember the story of the Centurion in the Bible? He was a man of his word. If he gave an order, he knew it would be followed, so he didn’t need Jesus to take any action. He only needed Jesus’ Word.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']If you’re flaky, you won’t get very far. God’s not going to put you someplace where your name takes His name down. Just like if someone sees my child out there acting up, they know that’s my child. What my child does or doesn’t do is a direct reflection of me.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']No one is perfect. We’ve all made mistakes. Just be humble if you do, and move toward fixing them. Typically, God has already been speaking to you about things you need to correct and fix because, 1. He can’t move you forward until you do, and 2. He knows that if you don’t, the enemy will use those things to destroy you.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']So work at it. Lead with integrity. Live your life worthy of respect. Walk in love. Let people know you care. Be faithful to what you said you’d do. Think about the responsibility you have to those who follow you. You can’t do everything you want to do. Think about it. Having 12 Lamborghinis isn’t unlawful, but is it going to help me touch people’s lives? Will they still be able to connect with me? We have to consider the perceptions of others and lay down some of our rights for their sakes.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']God is going to use people in your life. You can try to avoid them, but you’ll never reach the amazing destiny He has planned for you if you do. [/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif'][/FONT]

Thank You For Another Great Sunday Sermon. I Pray To God Every Morning And Night To Give Me Strength To Be The Best Rep Resentitive Of God As I Can, And Thank Him For Giving Me Great Friends Like You Who Tries To Point Me In The Right Direction .

Semper Fi And Godbless You Doug

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Quote Originally Posted by doc h fmf View Post
    Thank You For Another Great Sunday Sermon. I Pray To God Every Morning And Night To Give Me Strength To Be The Best Rep Resentitive Of God As I Can, And Thank Him For Giving Me Great Friends Like You Who Tries To Point Me In The Right Direction .

Semper Fi And Godbless You Doug

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Doc, We are all here to help each otuer walk this journey. Blessings

Doug - Your original post is doing that font thing again.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Thanks, Doug. I really think its time for all to stop and take note of ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by oishavsmith View Post
    Hi,

which is the following search engine or directories provides the directory search result for yahoo?

window live
    yahoo directory
    google
    wikipedia
    dmoz
    Troll

Thread Information