Swear in weight vs ship weight!
Create Post

Swear in weight vs ship weight!

Hey Y'all,
    So I am considered an "overweight poolee" however I am 17%bmi so I'm not worried about it. But when I talk to the recruiters at my rs I am getting several different numbers for my ship weight. I am 69" tall and my swear in weight was 169. I had one recruiter say 173, one say 177, and one say 169. Either way I will do whatever it takes to make weight but was wondering if any other poolees have had this problem or if any know my actual ship weight.

You'll have to find the MC Weight/Height standards chart but there's 2 different weights you need to be at.

Contract Weight is for MEPS, you'll need to be under that weight to contract in or you will be dq'd.

Shipping weight is for shipping to Recruit Training, from my understandings you wont be able to ship until you're under the shipping weight.

Before I went to contract in my RS made me get under shipping weight.

According to MCO P6100.12, the maximum weight for 69" would be 169 lbs.

MCO P6100.12 was cancelled by MCO P6100.13, but 13 doesn't seem to have a height/weight table.

If you are having trouble losing weight, Go to GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe and get Oxyelite Pro. I had to loose 40 pounds to DEP in. I lost twenty and was stuck. No matter what I did it wouldn't come off. I started taking that and dropped another 30 pounds. It really works.

Thanks y'al for the quick replies.

@Soon2have- I know there is the two differences and I had to get under the contract weight via sauna befor I went to MEPs to contract, ecspecially since I was d'qued once for weight.

@skyfish- 169 was my contract weight to swear in and my ship weight should be heavier atleast I THINK!

@Allenl0968- Yea I am having problems losing weight, but I am solid muscle at 17%BMI for a female that is GREAT!!! So I dont have much weight to lose but i NEED to know my weight so I know wether I'm okay were I am at or what the deal is!

I guess I just need to ask my recruiter for the actual weight chart so I know exactly and dont keep getting different numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcdjcs1ssy View Post
    @skyfish- 169 was my contract weight to swear in and my ship weight should be heavier atleast I THINK!

(snip)

I guess I just need to ask my recruiter for the actual weight chart so I know exactly and dont keep getting different numbers.
    Appendix I of MCO P6100.12 has the height/weight standards, and for women it lists the minimum and maximum standards for 69" as 128 lbs and 169 lbs respectively. However, these standards (a) are for Marines, not poolees/recruits, and (b) may have been changed when 6100.12 was cancelled by 6100.13. I think you're right that asking your recruiter is the best idea.

Thread Information