Wanted: People Who Seek Thier Destiny
Create Post

Wanted: People Who Seek Thier Destiny

Wanted: People Who Seek Their Destiny

Author: Pastor Gary Keesee | Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 2:16pm

So you want to find your place in this life. You want to find your destiny. But all you see is the Walmart, or the McDonalds, or the call center you work in, and you want to run. But let me tell you something that most people in our instant culture don’t want to acceptyou have to be obedient one day at a time.

We live in a culture where you can microwave your dinner, or hit a drive-thru and “have it your way.” You can reach almost anyone almost anywhere at almost anytime by pressing a button on your phone. So people want instant results all the time, and when they don’t get the results that they want, they get disillusioned and they bail. But that’s the world’s system, not God’s.

God has a system in place to change us, to mature us, and to train us. Hebrew 12:5 tells us thatGod disciplines the ones He loves and He chastens everyone He accepts as His sons. Of course, no discipline seems pleasant at the time, but to discover your destiny, it's necessary. There WILL be some uncomfortable days in God's training system. He isn't always going to call you into training in the things you like. There is no training in that. You can want to ride the horses all you want, but for now you have to clean the stalls. In our culture, that respect and honor for paying a price is just about gone, and God can't use us that way.

You’re the puzzle piece that fits into His big picture after all, so He’s going to work with you to take the edges off. Those edges need smoothed so that when you fit in your place, it’s going to feel so comfortable you’ll never want to leave. Of course, there will be pain with it, but it’s worth the pursuit. I was being trained from the time I was called to preach when I was 19 to when I started the church at 40. I was being trained with pain and humbleness and weeping and gnashing of teeth. That’s what I was doing! But it was worth it! It’s worth it.

Look at Exodus. God saw the suffering of His people and He had come to rescue them. He made some great promises, but there was some training that needed to take place. Just like us, the Israelites said, “Sign me up!” but they didn’t want to deal with the tough partthe training.

Instead of leading the Israelites on the road through the Philistine country, God led them around it. He knew they couldn’t handle war. God knew them. He knew if they were to face that kind of pressure, they might change their mind and head back to Egypt. He knows you, too. He knows the kind of pressure you can handle and the kind of pressure that will make you cave. He has a plan. He has a very detailed strategy.

David had battled the lion and the bear before he battled Goliath. The Israelites faced the Red Sea. Then, in the wilderness, God provided for them every day, but He was testing them to see if they would follow His instructions. Because, at the River Jordan, they had to know how to hear God and follow His very detailed instructions. But they faced the River Jordan and they backed down. They hadn’t overcome their slave mentality. They hadn’t changed in their hearts.

If you tell a child to go clean their room and they stomp their feet, huff and puff, and slam the door, it doesn’t matter if they clean the room or not, their heart was rebellious. Someday, they will leave home and the legality that was holding their heart back will be lifted and their heart will have the freedom to express itself. Then, you have a problem on your hands.

Instead of trying to find results outside of ourselves, and trying to get quick fixes, we should be trying to fix ourselves—to fix our hearts. Only God can do that. He has to change us to enable us to occupy what we envision. See, people will say that they’ve been “called” to something, or that they’ve been praying for this opportunity. Sure, they say that on the front end. Then they get involved, and they find out it’s not easy, that it takes real work. We can try to bypass God’s system all we want, but we’ll never embrace our destiny.

So, don’t quit. Stay on the Potter’s Wheel. Don’t run back to Egypt. Stay where God calls you until He speaks again. (There were days in my life that I begged Him to speak to me.) Stick it out. Take the time to be trained, mentored, and sent out with wisdom. Submit to the system. Say yes whether you like it or not. Just say yes to God. He’ll make something of your life that is amazing.

Thanks Doug For Another Great Sermon. I Am 47 And Lost My Job In Feb And In A Car Accident That I Survived So I Know God Has A Purpose For Me That I Have To Find > So Thank You For All Your Great Sermons They Really Help And Encourage Me .

Semper Fi And Godbless Doug

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Thread Information