What do you think of this quote?
Create Post

What do you think of this quote?

"I was once told by a friend, your crazy at working out/very active, thats why your joining the Marines. And i said, everyone has the capability to be a Marine, but most have a mental wall set up preventing it. Every poolee/Marine has learned to overcome that wall"

That's Very True Kendrick You Can Be Physically Fit But If You Dont Have The Mental Strength Then What Is Good? You Have The Attitude To Be A Good Marine. Good Luck In Your Career.

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

that may have held true a decade ago. these days, it's all a joke. If you're not there yet, you will soon see this three month hell is the biggest sack of hot air you've ever been a part of. The fattest retard can make it through these days, so tell you buddy to hop aboard with ya.

I had the privilege to become a Marine back in 67. If you were a fat body and out of shape, needn't worry - The MC would change that. If you were not motivated you had the **** kicked out of you and you might be sent to motivation platoon. We had about 47% of my original platoon that did not finish with us.

If and when you made it you were sent to the Nam. Many of us experienced casualty rates of 50% or more (from one engagement alone that might last for weeks), then on to more and more engagements. Our attrition rate was extremely high.

Through time we became aware of what it was to be a Marine. It is more than just merely earning the title. We became hardcore to the bone.

Then many years later, many of us come to a site such as this and become disrespected and called old farts by some of the "newer" breed that think merely because they wear/wore "our" uniform they are Marines.

Always remember - you and everyone else that desires to become a Marine is motivated by the exploits of my breed and the Marines that came before us. Always respect that, do not become one of the discontents. If you ever become too smart for your own britches simply wet two of your fingers and then stick them in a light socket, that should knock about 60 point off your IQ and you'll be better able to understand what it is to become a Marine.

thank you for your kindness

[IMG]http://www.************/miao.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://www.************/miao1.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://www.************/miao2.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DIMAS86 View Post
    that may have held true a decade ago. these days, it's all a joke. If you're not there yet, you will soon see this three month hell is the biggest sack of hot air you've ever been a part of. The fattest retard can make it through these days, so tell you buddy to hop aboard with ya.
    Dude, you joined in 2005 and you're trying to act like some salty dog?

Thread Information