RSS Mount Juliet/RSS Rivergate Pool Function 20110709
Create Post

RSS Mount Juliet/RSS Rivergate Pool Function 20110709

Good afternoon, poolees. I just wanted to share with you all about the pool function we had today. For me, this was the final pool function I attend before leaving for Recruit Training at MCRD Parris Island.

Today, after the fall shippers did their IST, we had the honor of a visit and presentation by Gunnery Sergeant Giggs, USMC (Ret.). He is one of the Chosin Few, meaning that he fought with then-Col. Lewis "Chesty" Puller at the Chosin Reservoir. For those who are unfamiliar with the story, Col. Puller and his 1st Marines were surrounded by chinese regulars in -40 degree weather and fought their way out, destroying seven enemy regiments and evacuating all of their dead and wounded along the way.

Gunnery Sergeant Giggs related to us the hardships of his time in Korea. Diarrhea, frozen dingleberries, frozen rations and unrelenting weather to boot, just to name a few. I will remember this presentation for the rest of my life and am proud to be on the way to becoming a part of the United States Marine Corps. Marines like Gunnery Sergeant Giggs represent the traditions that we as Future Marines will be required to uphold.

I hope that all of you take this charge with the pride and sincerity that I do. Good luck to you all!

-Poolee Johnson

Congrats on being able to experience something like that. My Pool Function Saturday was cool, Gunny Hall was there, **** on people with poor scores. Hot day. Terrible.

Thread Information