Picking and receiving your MOS
Create Post

Picking and receiving your MOS

Everywhere I have asked people said you can not pick a specific MOS, and be guarenteed to get it. How does this work? If I pick 03xx MOS field, I will get a position in that field, granted I have the GT scores I need right? And do you pick like 3 MOS in that field, and if they have spots open you go into your top pick? Or do they literally just stick you where they need you? I want to become an assault man 0351 MOS

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shantydevil View Post
    Everywhere I have asked people said you can not pick a specific MOS, and be guarenteed to get it. How does this work? If I pick 03xx MOS field, I will get a position in that field, granted I have the GT scores I need right? And do you pick like 3 MOS in that field, and if they have spots open you go into your top pick? Or do they literally just stick you where they need you? I want to become an assault man 0351 MOS
    You choose the field, the Marine Corps chooses the specifics. Who knows, at SOI someone might ask what you want and give it to you. Don't hold your breath though.

If you absolutely must be an 0351, you'll have to enlisted in the reserves in an infantry unit that needs 0351s.

With exception to the reserves the only options that will give you a very specific MOS will be the linguist option, just 267X MOS's, and the band. I think that is it and all other options include up to a dozen different MOS's, which the Marine Corps will pick one for you.

After you qualify for enlistment and take you oath you will pick three options, digraph Occfield(s) codes, and depending on availability and your scores you get one of your choices. The Marine Corps will then let you know which MOS out of the MOS's of that code you got.

Thanks for the help Marines

Thread Information