Rosegarden
Create Post

Thread: Rosegarden

Rosegarden

Hi:
    Looking for marines who served in the Rosegarden between 1972-1974. I was a cpl working as 7011 (Launch & Recovery Tech).

Credits
    Savings
    Was there early when we were in the tents with nothing. Was with the Red Devils and came in there from Da nang. I was in from 1970 to 1974 and discharged as Sgt. I worked as a jet mech. then in ground support due of troop shortages in the area. The place will always be very fond in my memory because of what we accomplished during that time we were there. It was rough but it was a great way of life and hope to reunite with the people that was there some day.

Credits
    Savings
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JAMESG%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-25.png[/IMG]

Credits
    Savings

Credits
    Savings

Hi:
    Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, My wife just retired and we went to Texas for a visit with our son.
    The rose-garden will always have a special place in my heart. Lots of memory. Working the arresting gear was always different. We used to get lots planes with hung ordinances. Did you ever have occasion to take a shower during one of the downpours of rain. We used to do most of our showers that way. One time we even brought a plane into the arresting gear during a downpour. we were caught by surprise.
    Take care Jim

Thread Information