Taking Down The Usa Flag
Create Post

Taking Down The Usa Flag

So the other day my wife was looking out the window and she saw this maintenance guy taking the flag down. she showed me the pics and I thought it was very disrespectful to our flag.
    Tell me what your thoughts are on it.

Attached Images Attached Images

Taking Down THE FLAG!

ceckert85:
    Can't put in words here what I think of this un-American ( what would a D. I. call him? ) piece of Bin Laden scum.

Vietvet1968@comcast.ner
    Roger D. Stewart

For one, calling him an un-American piece of scum is harsh given the fact that a lot of Americans are not aware of the particulars of rising and lowering the flag. Especially when a lot of 'patriotic' Americans think it right to wear U.S. flag clothing or sitting their azzes in U.S. flag camping chairs, both of which are not allowed according to codes regarding the usage of the U.S. flag

If your wife was disgusted by this, then why not go out and make sure it is taken down right and maybe inform the maintenance guy on the proper way to take it down. And if you thought it was disrespectful then maybe take some initiative and talk to the guy or bring it up to your landlord or whoever is in charge of the rising and lowering of the flag.

That's my thought on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by haebyungdae View Post
    For one, calling him an un-American piece of scum is harsh given the fact that a lot of Americans are not aware of the particulars of rising and lowering the flag. Especially when a lot of 'patriotic' Americans think it right to wear U.S. flag clothing or sitting their azzes in U.S. flag camping chairs, both of which are not allowed according to codes regarding the usage of the U.S. flag

If your wife was disgusted by this, then why not go out and make sure it is taken down right and maybe inform the maintenance guy on the proper way to take it down. And if you thought it was disrespectful then maybe take some initiative and talk to the guy or bring it up to your landlord or whoever is in charge of the rising and lowering of the flag.

That's my thought on the matter.
    Agreed.

Calling him un-American is extremely harsh. I know i've corrected some good intentioned people on matters of how the flag is to be flied and displayed several times. These people weren't un-American, just uninformed.

Just a thought, I was at a funeral service where two young Navy personnel folded the flag from the coffin. As they started to fold the triangle shape I noticed they did so wrongly. I wanted to say hey but felt it would be too disrespectful to do so. As they got to the end they realized their mistake and corrected it. Now these were US Service members, trained in boot camp, I'm sure as we were, how to fold the flag. As funeral detail I'm sure they must have at least practiced and they still made a mistake. So cut the civilian a break and make sure the next time he knows the proper procedure. If he does it again kick his ass out of the way and do it yourself I think.

Thread Information