important question - feet
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

important question - feet

First thing is first. This is probably the wrong area, but when I tried posting this where I thought it belonged it said I had insufficient privileges to post in that area, so please excuse the noobness. Another disclaimer, I know this has been discussed before but I never saw the questions I'm about to ask, and the other posts were years old. Anyway down to business. I have a low arch. They aren't fully flat, but regardless I need to wear inserts otherwise my feet hurt. Even when I do wear inserts my feet hurt sometimes. I could muster through the pain, and I know there is nothing like being in the USMC, so through motivation and mental toughness I think I can make it, I'll just suck up the pain. That said I have see a lot of mixed responses. Some said that when talking to a recruiter, don't say you have flat feet, and when they inspect you to shift your weight on the edges of your feet to make it look like your arch is higher than it really is. Then another guy just said that he was honest with the recruiter, and he just said that he would need inserts and he would be alright. I don't really know what path to believe/take, so please help. I've never wanted to do anything as much as be a Marine. I have to be one. Again sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Also, the problem with lieing is that if I make it past the screening, what will I do about my inserts and prescription boots that I've heard about? I know the Navy has prescription boots, but idk if the Marines have them as well.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    The answer is very simple, tell your recruiter the whole story. It's up to him to take it from there. Don't lie, it will come back and haunt you

Good luck to you

OR YOU CAN JOIN THE NAVY AND BE A CORPMAN. ORIGINALLY I WANTED TO BE AN ARMY MEDIC TO FOLLOW IN MY UNCLES STEPS. ANYWAY TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT I HAD THE FATTEST FEET AROUND AND THE NAVY TOOK ME I WAS A CORPMAN DID 7yrs AS A MARINE CORPMAN LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

DONT LIE!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by doc h fmf View Post
    OR YOU CAN JOIN THE NAVY AND BE A CORPMAN. ORIGINALLY I WANTED TO BE AN ARMY MEDIC TO FOLLOW IN MY UNCLES STEPS. ANYWAY TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT I HAD THE FATTEST FEET AROUND AND THE NAVY TOOK ME I WAS A CORPMAN DID 7yrs AS A MARINE CORPMAN LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

DONT LIE!!!!!

Fat feet Doc? Are we talking morbidly fat or just Oprah fat? Oh wait a minute that's the same thing

Be 100% truthful with your recruiter as well as the doctor during your physical. If concessions can be made for you, they will be. If not, then thank you for trying. It is impossible to gain a position of honor through dishonorable actions (i.e. being dishonest). Good luck to you, whatever the outcome.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    B-up front with The Recruiter from Jump Street,F**k Next thing You know You Flat Feet will Be arched just Right from Tha GRINDER and All tha Humping Your gonna B-Doin and I ain't Talking The HORIZONTAL 1 Either.Have Fun at MCRD and Enjoy Arching those Feet on The YELLOW FOOTPRINTS

Our core values are honor, courage, and committment.

You are expected to do the honorable thing and the truthful.

Good luck.

You guys are right, and lying wouldn't be right. If I wasn't accepted it would be for a god reason. I don't like to lie but I am just really motivated to become a Marine. That said, is it possible to get a waiver with my flat feet and inserts, or am I automatically disqualified, no questions asked?

Ooops Thank You Commander It Should Be The Flattest Feet. Eveyone Would Doc How The Hell Did You Finish The Humps And I Said Iam Your Doc I Have To Be With You> Thank You For Pointing That Out Sir .

Fair Winds And Have A Good Day Sir!!!!

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Rub up against Tha PECKER CHECKER during Your PHYSICAL and Wink they will Wave Your YoungButt in

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by doc h fmf View Post
    Ooops Thank You Commander It Should Be The Flattest Feet. Eveyone Would Doc How The Hell Did You Finish The Humps And I Said Iam Your Doc I Have To Be With You> Thank You For Pointing That Out Sir .

Fair Winds And Have A Good Day Sir!!!!

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf
    Damn Doc I was hoping for a great story about fat feet

is it possible to get a waiver with my flat feet and inserts, or am I automatically disqualified, no questions asked? I guess if all else fails I can pursue being a Naval Pilot.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by zman48 View Post
    is it possible to get a waiver with my flat feet and inserts, or am I automatically disqualified, no questions asked? I guess if all else fails I can pursue being a Naval Pilot.
    How about a profile? Site rules. Why not be a Marine pilot?

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    How about a profile? Site rules. Why not be a Marine pilot?
    If I can't become a Marine due to my flat feet then I can't. Also this may be the wrong thing to say in a USMC forum, but I've heard that the USN Pilots are the best in the military. Just what I was told.

Thread Information