Weight Loss Plateau - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've done th sauna suit.......waste of money unless you like collecting pools of sweat

Hey Y'all thanks for all of the advice. The 2hrs is seperated 1hr in the morning and 1hr in the eveing. I did 30-45 mins of cardio each time. Then I do some situps, burpies, lunges, etc.

My recruiter said to be doing 1.5 hrs a day of cardio broken up like I am doing and then do some strength excercise like I've been doing.

I will take the suggestions for the diet and change it up and see what happens. I have lost weight but have hit that brick wall and just need to break thru and then I'll be good.

Thanks again for all the help.

Well remember to long distant runs burns more calories and targets fat stored away. Running makes you lose fat and muscle and I'm sure you got muscle too. My friend came back from bootcamp pretty weak muscle wise because well all his PLT did was run alot haha

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2HaveEGA843 View Post
    Yo, I had the same problem at 1 time and it was me slacking on my diet.

I've been using this high fiber diet that I just made up myself. Its very very VERY bland but it works great, depending on how hard you train you can lose 4-5 lbs in a week.

Here's my eating plan....
    0600-0630....bowl of whole grain bran flakes with skim/fat free milk and sometimes a bananna for flavor.
    0900-0930....snack of grapefruit, bananna, mango, some type of fruit that I measure by 1 cup full and a fiber1 bar.

By this time you'll be ****ting and farting like hell or atleast have stomach pains from hell creating in your stomach.

1100.....lunch time which usually is just a small plain salad and a peice of lightly seasoned meat usually chicken or fresh fish......baked meat only

1400-1430.....again a fruit snack......that's it

Around 1800 my lady makes dinner which is the same thing I take for lunch.

I do this daily while drinking a gal of water before I get off and hit the gym.

It helped me drop and keep off my weight without losing muscle and it cleaned my digestive system out.

I know I eat under 1000 cals but I keep something in my stomach. Its a very strict diet and hard to stay with at times.....

That's what I do
    That isnt good could mean that you are actually working harder than you have to. If you eat under 1000 calories a day your body goes into starvation mode and saves everything you eat as fat.

You do not determine what your body turns food into, your body does.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The idea that long distance running burns more calories is irrelevant, and I'm pretty sure is incorrect. Sprint, and occasionally..go on a longer run. The longer runs are more to get use to the pace and the length of it. There is absolutely NO REASON you should be training and doing "cardio" that long every day. Short and intense. My definition of short...5-20 minutes. Occasionally throw in a longer workout where you are going over 30 minutes.

Short, intense, and go mix up the weight on stuff you do. Don't keep stuff light and don't keep it heavy. Mix it up. The sprints will increase your long distance running without the negative affects of running long distances all the time. Example:

I guarantee you that sprinter can run long distances more than fast enough for anything that matters, and he can do everything else athletically. The long distance runner..not so much.

Short and intense. Rest at least twice a week.

Clemson I run long distance and trust me I look far from those skinny guys in those pictures. If you balance it right distance is better and yes it burns more calories. I'm between 190-200 lbs I go up sometimes with less run and more muscle types of work outs. and then I go down again when I start sticking to just running. I was one of the fastest on my team with the best endurance. Clemson you must have played football if your saying short and intense thats what happens in football but endurance wins in anything. Everything must be balanced

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I"m a CrossFit trainer. Never played football. Played basketball and baseball in high school.

The pictures are an exaggeration to get a point across.

Muscular endurance is the key. Not necessarily running endurance. Although it is important, you can train what's needed for running endurance without running long distances, which has many cons. It is absolutely vital to anyone wanting overall fitness and athletic ability to have strength, power, quickness, speed, and endurance (running and musclar). Endurance does not win in anything. Don't get me wrong. It is important. Especially in the USMC. But, we aren't training to run marathons or even half marathons here.

If you balance it right, long distance multiple times a week is not better. Work smarter and harder, not longer and harder. If you train properly, you can drastically decrease a 3 mile run time without running 3 miles+ miles every day.

http://www.crossfitendurance.com

Great source of information. Much smarter people than myself.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I actually don't think football players (on average) have nearly enough endurance. Muscular or cardio. They are good for quick burst of power, but die out real quick.

I'm not saying that should be your goal. Not at all. You can train the way I am referring to and still have the ability to run for an hour at a good pace if you needed to.

I"m also not saying go into a gym. Lift some weights fast. The walk over to a machine and do whatever it has you do, and do it fast. Then go do some sprint and you're done in 30 minutes. Not at all.

http://www.crossfit.com

That's the kind of stuff I am referring to. Now, if someone doesn't have access to a gym where they can have someone make sure their form is proper (safe) then they should not CrossFit. BUT, you can take whatever it is you do and apply CrossFit principles.

Functional (applies to real life situations). Varied. High intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonEngineer View Post
    I actually don't think football players (on average) have nearly enough endurance. Muscular or cardio. They are good for quick burst of power, but die out real quick
    I'm one of those football players that screwed that statistic up :P

And I don't run tons of miles either I do a max of 5 miles but stick to 2.5 miles - 3.5 nothing more usually and I have been relaxing a little lately after my knees started giving me problems lol oops But I went from only on special teams to started the year after some hard work and I like to believe running alot did it but who knows. But if your a trainer I guess i messed with the wrong person on this subject atleast...But I'm stubborn like arguing with my training about certain injuries i had but thought i didnt have! Guess i'm gona check that site out

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Sounds like we actually are saying the same thing to a degree, but our definitions of long and short distance is different. 2.5-3.5 miles is perfect. A max of 5-6 miles once a week or once every two weeks is also about right. Probably good to shoot for a 60 minute run every few months just to get use to that type of activity.

When I do my run training it usually ends up being a total of 2.5-3.5 miles, but it's broken up into 200m, 400m, 800m, 1600m (or some similar variation) "sprints". My "long" day is usually anything from a fast 1.5 miles to 6.2 miles (Occasionally a 60 minute run). Also, my endurance training is the 2nd workout I do that day, except on "long" days.

Keep working hard like you are. We all got at least one of the same goals here (Become a United States' Marine). At the end of the day, doesn't matter how we get there as long as we get there.

Yessir! Can't wait, I leave in 28 days its coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    That isnt good could mean that you are actually working harder than you have to. If you eat under 1000 calories a day your body goes into starvation mode and saves everything you eat as fat.

You do not determine what your body turns food into, your body does.
    Well I really don't do calorie counting but I assume that's how much it is. I've lost 50 lbs an kept it off even if I fell off th diet and ate whatever I wanted. I had to tweak it a couple times to get it to where id lose weight instead of stay at the same weight

Thread Information