MEPS & Mary jane
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

MEPS & Mary jane

I went to MEPS once as a navy recruit but failed their urinalysis test and came up positive for mary jane, so I was disqualified for 90 days. It has been about a full year since and I've changed my thoughts about my future and quit using weed. Even so, does this disqualify me from being a potential candidate for the USMC?

How about filling out your profile so the Marines here know who they are talking to.....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine foums.

And the Marines here have no idea if you'll be dq'd for smoking pot. Go and talk with a recruiter face-to-face.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I have completed the profile, although it is impossible to know someone by such means. Anonymity is the backbone of the internet, just as well your username being an alias not your given and family name. Anyway, despite your haste to insinuate otherwise, I have been talking to a recruiter and have had compiled my pre-screen and practice asvab with him, though I've already taken it. However, our discussions have been put on hiatus pending certain conditions I have and plan on leaving unlisted on this forum board as they've private. Now back to the furtherance of the topic of this thread.

And the Marines here have no idea if you'll be dq'd for smoking pot.
    As I put into plain text, I no longer take part in that activity. A certain "no" would be given in rationality if that were the case. On the contrary to how you have incorrectly paraphrased my question, I will restate it again. With a failed urinalysis from MEPS on my record, being totally clean and sober now, is my USMC eligibility still there?

Honestly, coming in here talking back or being a smartass to any Marine will not get your questions answered. I guarantee you that. We can't answer a question about MEPS because none of us are workers there.

Quote Originally Posted by dizark View Post
    Honestly, coming in here talking back or being a smartass to any Marine will not get your questions answered. I guarantee you that. We can't answer a question about MEPS because none of us are workers there.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

S/F
    -Blake.

what dizark said.

Your profile is very cute (yes, we DO look at them). You don't take our site rules seriously then we don't take your questions seriously...that plain enough for you?

You have to do what the Marines here say or you will be looked over.

Common sense will tell you that if smoke weed you will def fail a **** test. You will be screened again and looked at harder then the other applicants since you've failed previously.

If you drink you better stay sober the night before and day of the screening because they do alc breath test now as SOON as you hit MEPS.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2HaveEGA843 View Post
    You have to do what the Marines here say or you will be looked over.

Common sense will tell you that if smoke weed you will def fail a **** test. You will be screened again and looked at harder then the other applicants since you've failed previously.

If you drink you better stay sober the night before and day of the screening because they do alc breath test now as SOON as you hit MEPS.
    Son unless you've just recently earned the title and haven't had time to have your status changed, you ain't no Marine. Did you notice the title of this thread? It says Ask a Marine. Best not be giving advice until you have earned the right to do so. Now get your sorry poolee butt back where it belongs

Quote Originally Posted by dizark View Post

X2

And just because this is the Ask A Marine forum, it doesn't mean the Marines here will have all the answers wannabes and poolees are looking for when it comes to MEPS and what may or maynot get you DQ'd.
    As dizark mentioned, we can't answer a question about MEPS because none of us work there.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by a1red3 View Post
    I went to MEPS once as a navy recruit but failed their urinalysis test and came up positive for mary jane, so I was disqualified for 90 days. It has been about a full year since and I've changed my thoughts about my future and quit using weed. Even so, does this disqualify me from being a potential candidate for the USMC?

Will you be Dq'd? Unknown but you will need a waiver. See how many hoops you have to jump through just to obtain that waiver? The reason why a filled in profile has been requested, respectfully I might add, is because like society there are rules to be followed here. It's obvious that you feel these rules are not to your liking. Your question has been answered in a respectful manner, too bad it wasn't asked in the same way

Positive drug or alcohol test

a. Any applicant or enlistee who was or is confirmed positive for the presence of drugs or alcohol at time of original physical examination or test may be retested in 6 months if the confirmed positive was for alcohol or tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) (marijuana) only. If retest is negative, a waiver may be requested for enlistment. No waiver for positive result on last test is authorized.

b. If applicant's retest is positive, he or she is disqualified for 2 years from date of retest. Applicants found positive for cocaine or other drugs are not authorized a retest until 1 year from date of original test. If after 1 year the retest is negative, a waiver may be granted for enlistment. If retest is positive, a 2-year waiting period from the retest is required.

c. The approval authority is the Recruiting Battalion Commander or Executive Officer in cases of one time positive findings. The CG, USAREC, is the approval authority in cases where applicant has tested positive twice.

d. The following documents are required for the submission of a waiver:

(1) A memorandum (your recruiter will know what to look for).
    (2) DD Form 1966 series and DD Form 398-2.
    (3) A copy of applicant's SF 88 and SF 93 .
    (4) A copy of applicant's USMEPCOM PCN 714ADP or other authorized document that clearly displays applicant's ASVAB date and results.
    (5) Other documents as the recruiting battalion commander or executive officer may require.
    (6) All applicants who test positive will be required to have police records check accomplished as part of the waiver process regardless of any admission or record of civil offenses.

Are You For Real!!! You Have To Learn To Follow Directions Son!!! Or Were You Being A Smart Ask. Wake Up From Your Sleep And Smell The Coffee Son.

Some people should be DQ for being a moron

If you fail a drug test at MEPS, no matter what branch of service you are processing for, you are Disqualified from the Marine Corps forever. There may be a 2 year wait after failing a drug test, but that applies to the other branches of service.

Quote Originally Posted by a1red3 View Post
    I have completed the profile, although it is impossible to know someone by such means. Anonymity is the backbone of the internet, just as well your username being an alias not your given and family name. Anyway, despite your haste to insinuate otherwise, I have been talking to a recruiter and have had compiled my pre-screen and practice asvab with him, though I've already taken it. However, our discussions have been put on hiatus pending certain conditions I have and plan on leaving unlisted on this forum board as they've private. Now back to the furtherance of the topic of this thread.

As I put into plain text, I no longer take part in that activity. A certain "no" would be given in rationality if that were the case. On the contrary to how you have incorrectly paraphrased my question, I will restate it again. With a failed urinalysis from MEPS on my record, being totally clean and sober now, is my USMC eligibility still there?
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    OK Slick:

Coming on this site in need of attitude adjustment, is going to get you nowhere. You are starting off on the wrong foot. First thing you should do is read the site rules and comply with said rules. Secondly, with the attitude you presently have, you will not last 10 seconds in the Marine Corps.

Thread Information