Why
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why

Why

Can anyone tell me...after I log in, type my message then I'm told I can not post. I have wasted a lot of time by having that happpen.
    I am told to refresh...but I see no where to do that, and anyway why should I have to? Please answer.

Gung Ho,

Ray

Can't post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Merrell View Post
    Can anyone tell me...after I log in, type my message then I'm told I can not post. I have wasted a lot of time by having that happpen.
    I am told to refresh...but I see no where to do that, and anyway why should I have to? Please answer.

Gung Ho,

Ray
    That used to happen to me a lot Ray. I never did figure out why. Maybe the mods think we're too young to know how to maneuver through the mine=fields they've set up. Ask Sgt. Lep., Or one of the Officers to help you. Go to the war room, and ask Dan, or Dave. Don't forget to stand at attention and salute. S/F!! Ken

Thank you Ken...I'll do that. I have posted a lot of "stuff" that didn't get posted, guess it wasn't that important anyway.

Gung Ho!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Merrell View Post
    Thank you Ken...I'll do that. I have posted a lot of "stuff" that didn't get posted, guess it wasn't that important anyway.
    Everything you say is important, on this site RAY. I think you are the MARINE EMIRITIS her! S/F!! Ken

Credits
    Savings
    Ray

Im gonna guess you may be using a Dial Up connection....
    When they work right , things go pretty good.
    When they dont, they're a pain in the a$$ to gain much headway .

That wont help much i know , but you arent the only one to suffer
    with it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Make sure your computer accepts cookies. When you log in check the "remember me" box. You must be logged in to post. If you are looking for a simple method to refresh any web page ... press the F5 key.

M14, thanks for your reply, but I don't have dial up. Must be something else.

Bulkyker, I'll have to check with my daughter to find out what cookies are, as you can tell I'm not very computer wise. I will try checking the (remember me) box and press the F5 key.

Ken, I have left a message for Sgt Lep.

Thanks to all,

Ray

Ray
    I used to have a problem like that ,and I cured it by remaining loged in; So I never log out try thast.
    S F
    ED

Thanks Ed, I'll try that also.

Gung Ho,

Ray

Ray,
    I too have had this problem from day one and I still can't figure it out. It is true that you must allow cookies and also you must not have pop-up windows blocked. You can find this under your preferences. Also, I noticed, when I am on private browsing, a way to go to sites with not recording history, like when we pay bills on-line, that I can not log on or stay logged on to this forum. My biggest complaint is that once I properly log on, I seem to time out if I'm reading posts only or when I do write something lengthy or spend a lot of time composing and checking, like you, it asked me to log in again. After I do, sometimes my words are posted and sometimes they disappear into cyberspace. I know how this frustrates you and me both.
    Take care and thank you for your service against the Japanese Empire.

Respectfully, Scott

Thank you Scott, its good to know I'm not the only one having this problem. I am taking your advice and will get brave enough to attempt posting something lengthy again one of these days.

And I thank YOU Scott, Ken, m14ed, Bulk6yker, and Ed, for YOUR service.

Gung Ho,

Ray

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Ray I'm not sure I have the answer but I type worse than most and I've noticed when I'm writing something long LN times out. Meaning if there isn't any activity and you're logged on it requires you to refresh. Also when the site was updated last the editing function was drastically reduced. It use to be for 5 minutes now I think it's closer to 1 minute

Not sure if this is the answer to your problem but you're not alone

Have a great day

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    That used to happen to me a lot Ray. I never did figure out why. Maybe the mods think we're too young to know how to maneuver through the mine=fields they've set up. Ask Sgt. Lep., Or one of the Officers to help you. Go to the war room, and ask Dan, or Dave. Don't forget to stand at attention and salute. S/F!! Ken
    Hahahaha....that was funny!!!

You can refresh your screen by right clicking your mouse, refresh should be one of the options.

Thank you Dan, One minute! Wow! Taking your advice to "refresh".

I had two brotherrs in the Navy, got to see one on Okinawa and he slept in a foxhole with me...wanted to know why I didn't dig it deeper.

Thank you for your service.

Gung Ho,

Ray

Thread Information