Series of Questions from a future Marine! - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Google may have that info. Anyone other than me than that maybe this thread has turned into the "Jenny Craig" thread of L.N.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Google may have that info. Anyone other than me than that maybe this thread has turned into the "Jenny Craig" thread of L.N.
    Haha! It's true!

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousWarrior View Post
    Well this is something I am in for in the long run for sure. I have 190lbs to lose and I calculated that it will take me (best case scenario) about 17 months to complete. I would have to lose about 10 pounds a month in order to achieve that but ultimately I am not sure how realistic that time frame is but that sounds about right if I can manage to not falter...

Do any Marines here know if that is a realistic time frame and a realistic amount of weight (per month) to lose giving that I exercise 30 minuets a day with heavy cardio and I keep calories in check?
    Have you had any success in losing 10 pounds in one month yet? If so, have you done this for two months in a row? Losing 10 or 20 pounds is something people struggle with. Losing 190 pounds is like losing a whole person. To do that, you have to make some serious lifestyle changes in the long term. To lose that amount of weight, you have to find the right mix of exercise and food intake that not only leads to weight loss, but is something you can maintain over a long period of time.

It's not impossible, but if you've lived your whole life so far with little discipline and not much physical activity, you're going to have an uphill battle. People have done it, and you can do it, but it's going to take time and probably a lot of trial and error.

If you're 190 pounds over-weight, I think you're going to need three or four months to learn about nutrition and to condition your body and mind to get into good enough shape to begin to lose weight.

Going from zero to heavy cardio all of a sudden could kill you. Start off slowly. You should also consult a doctor. Being overweight, you have more than just extra fat to worry about. Maybe stressing your heart out isn't the right thing right away, but a doctor will be able to tell you that.

My advice would be to start with the small changes in life and build on that. Be more active, eat better, and be realistic.

Go read the site rules before this goes any further. Quite simply you don't RATE to backtalk a Marine no matter what. I don't care WHO you think you are. Furthermore, telling other Marines to 'move on' don't cut it, either.

So unfrak yourself ASAP or you'll find yourself permabanned for disrespect. Yeah...it's THAT serious. I expect you to read the site rules, understand same, and reply to ME. Failing to do so will result in you being tossed unceremoniously OUT of here.

Period.

Closed until I see that happen and get a PM.

Thread re-opened, affirmative reply rec'ved. No extraction.

Credits
    Savings
    Okay... Well I guess this thread is back in commission. There really is not much more to be said except that my life is about to change for the better, forever... I really must say that I am excited now more than ever! I have gotten a lot of flak (and regrettable thrown some) since I've originally posted on here a few days ago but unlike some I am not deterred at all by the "hard" atmosphere. It excites me! I have since learned and corrected my errors. Progress has already been made.

My only set-back from really starting full swing as of right now is that I am currently away from home at the North Carolina coast visiting my cousin. Which is perhaps a great sign that I am making the correct choice if I am heavily thinking about all this when I am supposed to be on vacation. Unfortunately this is not the best place for me to begin breaking down all my negative habits so I will wait to begin the major reformation when I get back in early July when success will be greater. This is not to say I won't use this time to do some experimenting with diet and some preliminary conditioning. I will provide my first progress report on Sunday July 17th. It will include many strenuous and relevant details such as what I ate, what time, and in what measure, as well as what exercises I did and all counts. Also I will include my actual weight and waist size on that date. This is to better help any Marine who is willing to help me with advice such as where I need to improve or where I need to relax a bit. Yeah, it may be a bit "Jenny Craig" to help me out but what better cause is there than to lose weight and get in shape for the Marines. The best damn son-of-*****es on the planet Earth! All previous advice given on this thread will be written down, remembered, and implemented where appropriate. Any new or improvised revisions are welcome.

Optimizing weight loss is a very finicky thing so I think I greatly improve my chances with help from actual Marines! If you are willing to help me become a Marine, I ask if you could save this thread as a favorite as that undoubtedly this thread will get buried before long. I promise any Marine or anyone helping me with this endeavor will not waste their time on me. I've said it in a previous post but I will restate it now... I will be a Marine... Consider it a fact!

*Salute* to all you Marines! Thanks in advance!

I'll keep the thread open for you, rather than closing it down. Keep us updated on your progress (as others have done).

Well done, and well said. Always good to see someone take constructive azz chewing(s) and move FORWARD. That also shows...you are serious.

Keep up the good work.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    I'll keep the thread open for you, rather than closing it down. Keep us updated on your progress (as others have done).

Well done, and well said. Always good to see someone take constructive azz chewing(s) and move FORWARD. That also shows...you are serious.

Keep up the good work.
    Thank you Sgt! I'd appreciate that. Your words mean a lot!

Thread Information