So an Army recruiter called me today - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Are you in the Army?
    I was years ago. Look at my profile. I have some pics of me and my unit in Desert Storm if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by DRB View Post
    Notice you guys always compare yourselves to our lowest standard and not someone as handsome or tough as myself?
    That's how it is in everything. We tend to view ourselves optimistically and generously and others pessimistically and look a the worst examples.

I remember in Boot Camp how everything that wasn't the Corps was bad. Civilians - bad. Women - bad (WMs - very bad). Army - bad. There were a lot of good examples, too: length of boot camp vs. basic training, what you have to do on your PFT/PT Test, what's needed to get a good score on the rifle range.

I see now, your profile says nothing about prior service. I see the photos now. But the profile says nothing about it.
    You do know that there IS a reason we compare USMC to USA but they don't do it?
    From my experience we never did but had great respect. I talked to many Marines out in that desert and my family has a few.

I was years ago. Look at my profile. I have some pics of me and my unit in Desert Storm if you are interested.
    Yeah, you should probably mention your prior service in your profile, and put the units in, too. No harm in giving people some information they can relate to.

Quote Originally Posted by CrockettJW View Post
    Yeah, you should probably mention your prior service in your profile, and put the units in, too. No harm in giving people some information they can relate to.
    Let me see if I can fit that info in there. I didn't think I could.

Well, maybe the system here automatically excludes Army info---just kidding, smile, now

I got it in there.

Good---just sent you a friendship request, even though......never mind
    I appreciate it. You seem youthful for your age. Same era as my father.

Hey, 101st! I knew you were going to say that when you said you went to Austin Peay. I was in 3/502 from 1994 to 1996.

Quote Originally Posted by CrockettJW View Post
    Hey, 101st! I knew you were going to say that when you said you went to Austin Peay. I was in 3/502 from 1994 to 1996.
    That's interesting. I really enjoyed it down there.

DRB, about being youthful for my age, thanks for the diplomacy. I'm 64, feel like about 30 or so. Maybe it was that Marine training as opposed to Army training, who knows?
    That's possible I guess. I feel about 25 myself.

Just kidding about the training........

Honestly, that stuff does not bother me at all because I understand the Marine mindset.

Just so you know that when I make reference to it, I am joking around, I know some others are not------good that you added that to your profile, your service info-----

I realize both points. I assumed people looked at my pics and made the connection. I also did not realize the profile function was capable of accepting all that info. Besides, I thought it only wanted my current circumstances.

Damn I missed a lot lol

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus View Post
    Damn I missed a lot lol
    What makes this discussion so impressive is the maturity. Such a conversation would go all to hell on most other sites. This speaks volumes about the quality of people who are present here. I've learned that age does not always equal maturity. It's something you either have or do not have.

What makes this discussion so impressive is the maturity. Such a conversation would go all to hell on most other sites. This speaks volumes about the quality of people who are present here. I've learned that age does not always equal maturity. It's something you either have or do not have.
    Wait a minute!!! Are you guys calling me
    childish??
    I reseble that remark!! S/F!! Ken

Thread Information