How is the Marine Corp? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Well, there's this thread, then the one about guns, then the one about black belt, then the one about------well, it just looks mighty suspicious. But maybe it's just me.

Dan, I can translate Kevin for you.....sup witch you?
    It is entertaining though

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Well, there's this thread, then the one about guns, then the one about black belt, then the one about------well, it just looks mighty suspicious. But maybe it's just me.

Dan, I can translate Kevin for you.....sup witch you?
    You're asking me if I want a sandwich for supper???

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Lorenzo – I’m about to drop some knowledge, so listen up. You don’t seem to understand why we feel you disrespected us. Let me explain:

This is a Marine forum. Look down the list of forums. You got: Looking for leathernecks, women Marines, Devil Doc’s, Marine Corps League, Veteran’s Affairs, Marine Parents, Marine Spouse along with many other forums for Marines. Then there is a little section called Marine Corps Recruit Forum. That’s the place where you can come on our website and ask questions about your future. You are a guest here. And as a guest you don’t just walk into your host’s house, crack open the fridge and kick up your feet. We don’t have to answer your questions. We don’t have to share what we know. But we do, because we want to help the next generation. And it is disrespectful to come on here with a sense of entitlement with the idea that we have to answer your questions. A big part of the Marine Corps is customs and courtesies. Respecting rank, saluting, instant obedience to orders etc. And we try to bring that aspect onto our website. So little things like remembering your please, and thank you’s go a long way here. Acting professional goes a long way. Instead of saying, “what up?” how about, “Good morning Marines”. Instead of just busting out your question and expecting us to answer, how about saying, “I would appreciate your advice” or “thank you in advance for your response”.

Another way you have disrespected us is you failed to follow our rules. One of the most basic rules is filling out your profile. Does that mean you have to fill out every line? No. But come on, yours is half-assed and a joke. Another rule (again, which is all listed at the top of this forum which you should have read), is spelling and correct grammar. Again, does your grammar have to be perfect? No. We all make typos from time to time. But anyone can tell that you did not pay any attention whatsoever to what you wrote. You can’t possible think that “you” is spelled “u”. Or “want to” is spelled “wanna”. For God’s sake, you even misspelled the slang word for cousin! If you make a mistake and we correct you, fix it, apologize, and move on. Don’t get all defensive and say, “back off dude! Chill out!”. Try, “I’m sorry, I’ll try to do better in the future”.

And I know they say there is no such thing as a stupid question, but put a little thought into what you are asking. You asked, “how a normal day works for you guys in the Marine Corp.” That’s quite a broad question. I’m sure you can gather that there is no such thing as a normal day in the Marine Corps. Maybe a more appropriate question would be, “What is a typical day like for an ammo tech when you’re not deployed”. Or, “what is the typical work schedule for an infantryman?” You then asked if they “try and tell u how to dresse and stuff” …another ignored rule. We ask that you do your homework before you ask a question you could find on your own. Spend 5 minutes with Google and I’m sure you could find out all you need to know about proper civilian attire.

We don’t treat poolees like civilians. We treat them like people who want to be Marines. We try to prepare them the best we can for the title they soon will try to earn. Everything we do here is for a reason. Marines treat other with respect and professionalism. That’s why we ask that you address us by our rank (another ignored rule). Marines must have attention to detail. That is why we ask you proof-read your post before you hit reply. If we treat you harshly, it’s because you need to grow thick skin. Your drill instructors will not be nice to you. Your section gunny will not treat you like a child. And if you ever find yourself in combat you need to conduct yourself with bearing so you can do your job.

That is how you disrespected us.

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    It's a sammich dammit sammich get it right!

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Heglar View Post
    Your father should have spanked you more often for he did not do his job very well.
    His mother should have eaten him after they left the hospital. All the other rodent species do it...

After reading all this I've made junior NCO decision.
    With the exclusion of the OP the smoking lamp is lit and I"M BUYING.

Quote Originally Posted by afraziaaaa View Post
    His mother should have eaten him after they left the hospital. All the other rodent species do it...
    Papo I'd empty my bank acct and give it to you if you said that in ma face..

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo23 View Post
    ooooooh, internet tough guy - go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo23 View Post
    I am sure the Staff Sergeant does not need your stripper money and I am also sure that if you said that to the SSgt's face he wouldn't have to do anything because every available NCO would be stomping your azz into the ground. You wont make it past first phase before your bounced out. I wanna know when you leave for boot camp since I am 6 miles from Parris Island. We will see how you respond to an SNCO/NCO while I am showing them your previous posts.

Before you think im disrespecting you. I am serious you cannot talk to an SNCO or NCO like this. It is the quickest way to stay an e-1 your entire enlistment or worst get kicked out. If your serious about becomming a Marine you have to drop the attatude even if you think the person is comming at you wrong. Learn to embrace the big green weenie, stroke it off every now and then and you will have a long sucessful career

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    be serious, people, this aint no lorenzo, its someone we all know and dont love

Quote Originally Posted by PJones64 View Post
    be serious, people, this aint no lorenzo, its someone we all know and dont love
    Yes he picked the name Lorenzo this time because as phone I told him my best friends name was Lorenzo and he is in Chicago and I visit him all the time.

This guy is Queen of the Trolls.

Thread Information