Tattoos
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos

Marine Friend Free Member NicholasITALY's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Tattoos

I don't know how many of you remember me, but yes I never lost my motivation and I moved to the US from Italy this May.
    This morning I went to talk to a recruiter, unfortunately I have a tattoo on my right arm, I can almost cover it with my hand, there is just one little "dot" that I can't cover with my hand.
    I'm going to get that "dot" removed with the laser or something...

But the recruiter told me to go talk to another recruiter because if I was going back with the tattoo removed he had to write it on my personal profile, and from what he looked like it's not a good thing.

My question is, what happens if I go to the same recruiter with my tattoo removed and he writes it on my "personal profile?".

Sounds like just a waiver issue to me.

Credits
    Savings
    What do You mean Sergeant Leprechaun?.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by NicholasITALY View Post
    What do You mean Sergeant Leprechaun?.

From the sticky created by Sgt Lep at the top of this forum.

USMC TATTOO POLICY:

Added on 15 May 2011:

The Marine Corps released additional rules to its tattoo policy last month, banning more places on the body where Marines cannot get them and setting tougher rules for officers.

In addition to the already prohibited head and neck, Marines cannot get tattoos or brands on their hands, fingers, wrists or inside their mouths, according to Marine Administrative Message 29/10 released Jan. 15, 2010.

Both commissioned and warrant officers are now limited to four tattoos or brands visible when wearing the standard physical training uniform, according to the new policy.

The policy's intent is "to ensure Marines can be assigned whenever and wherever they are needed," stated the message.

The recent change helped to clarify the March 2007 overhaul of the Corps' tattoo policy, which prohibited excessive tattoos covering arms and legs.

"I believe tattoos of an excessive nature do not represent our traditional values. Some have taken the liberty of tattooing themselves to a point that is contrary to our professional demeanor and the high standards America has come to expect from us," said Gen. James T. Conway, commandant of the Marine Corps, in a March 19, 2007, message.

The new policy also clarified the size of any tattoos visible in PT uniforms cannot be larger than the wearer's hand with fingers extended and joined and the thumb touching the base of the index finger. The 2007 policy was vague on the size, stating only that very large tattoos or collections of smaller tattoos covering all or most of a person's arms or legs - also called sleeve tattoos - were unauthorized.

For officers, band tattoos wider than 2 inches are now prohibited. Enlisted Marines are allowed bands only as wide as one quarter of the arm or leg where it is tattooed as seen in the PT uniform. Band tattoos can either partially or fully encircle the circumference of the arm or leg.

Additionally, any enlisted Marine who had grandfathered sleeve tattoos can no longer apply for any Marine Corps commissioning or warrant officer programs.

"A Marine with tattoos doesn't mean you're a bad Marine," said Sgt. Maj. William Wiseman, Headquarters and Headquarters Squadron sergeant major. "However, since tattoos are a visual reminder of your personal thoughts, feelings and ideas, a Marine with visible tattoos may not be the best candidate for a high-profile assignment. Since the Marine Corps has the most recognizable uniform in the world, this makes the Corps a high-profile assignment. ... You joined the Corps; the Corps didn't join you."

In September 2008, Marines with excessive tattoos were banned from holding the special-duty assignments of recruiter and Marine security guard at U.S. embassies. Marines in those jobs "have a significant impact on public perception," according to MarAdmin 494/08.

The recent message also reiterated that tattoos or brands continue to be subject to review in some cases pertaining to promotion, future assignments and training to determine if any might tarnish the Corps' reputation.

Any tattoos that are racist, sexist, drug-related, vulgar, anti-American or are associated with any extremist group or gang are already not permitted on Marines.

The new policy also banned apparently invisible tattoos that use ultraviolet ink only visible under a black light.

Marines who currently have any of the now-prohibited tattoos won't face any punishment, but they must document the tattoos with photos in their service record books no later than June 1, 2010.

They are generally not a big deal unless it is an ILLUMINATI too.

Credits
    Savings
    I went to see another recruiter, he told me that I need a waiver, but first I'm going to need to get all the papers ready and then he will help me out.

It's not a big deal for me to remove it with the laser, I don't care at all if it's for the Marine Corps.

But what happens if I get a waiver for that tattoo?

Nothing. If you get a waiver, it's ok. BUT...tat waivers (along with others) are getting more and more difficult to obtain.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Nicholas? Remember me? Been a few years. Whatever it takes, son. I know your Moto. I wish you well like a kid o mine.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Nicholas? Remember me? Been a few years. Whatever it takes, son. I know your Moto. I wish you well like a kid o mine.
    How can I forget you Sergeant Sparkie?
    Thank you so much, yes whatever it takes. If it would have been easy, it wouldn't be the Marine Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by NicholasITALY View Post
    If it would have been easy, it wouldn't be the Marine Corps.
    No the tattoo policy is BS and everyone knows it. The Gentlemen in high places always want to F*** up a tough thing, and knaw the balls off of it. Gay teenagers are getting voted F***ing prom queen, but a hardcharging individual has to get a tattoo lasered off so he can serve in the Marines. BS!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Nick,,,,, I feel you will do well,,, And I will call you brother.

Credits
    Savings
    Marines, it's with pleasure and honor that I want to tell you that Im going to get married on October and that I will sign the contract on November. Almost there. Never Quit.!

NicholasITALY, I'm guessing you got that waiver for your tattoo?
    And just my opinion, one should not get married before boot camp.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    NicholasITALY, I'm guessing you got that waiver for your tattoo?
    And just my opinion, one should not get married before boot camp.
    I still have to sign my contract, I'm waiting for the green card that I will get after the marriage. But my recruiter told me I will get that waiver for the tattoo.

And getting married is the only way I can join the Marines. Because I'm not a US Citizen, don't even have a green card. I met this girl on May when I came into the US as tourist. We've been together for a while, we good. And we getting married. She wants to do this because she doesn't want me to go back and forth from Italy because of my visa and also because she wants to give me the opportunity to join the Brotherhood.
    I never quit, and now I'm almost there.

Thread Information