I'm Still Here!
Create Post

Thread: I'm Still Here!

Thumbs up I'm Still Here!

Don't know if anyone is going to remember me, but I am still here. 16 months after I got off active duty, I have been divorced, moved 6 times, unemployed, had 2 jobs and finished a semester of college.

Have I mentioned being a civilian is the hardest thing I have ever done!

That's a lot of moving around. I don't envy you for that. Hopefully, the divorce was a good move.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hey girl! Glad to see you're still kickin'. It's an adjustment getting back in the First Civ Div. It gets better, just give it time.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OH! And Welcome Home!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    No, I didn't forget, Tegan. Good to see you kickin. Lifes a *****, and I don't care who knows.

The divorce was a good thing. For sure. I am glad to be back

At least you been doing something !

Quote Originally Posted by Tegan View Post
    Don't know if anyone is going to remember me, but I am still here. 16 months after I got off active duty, I have been divorced, moved 6 times, unemployed, had 2 jobs and finished a semester of college.

Have I mentioned being a civilian is the hardest thing I have ever done!
    Welcome back

Look on the bright side....life could always be worse. Only get's better down the road. Civ life is pretty dificult coming off of active duty, no one to tell you who, what, when, where and why 24/7...it's all up to you and if things get bad it's up to you to pick yourself up. At least you are still making it by, sounds like things are picking up for you at least.

I've still been lucky since 09 when I got out, still at the same job and under the same roof. I've sent resume's all over just incase something better comes up or I need a fallback plan.

Yea, the first year was a biotch. It really sucks when you don't have Marines around you that are all on the same page, you can't make anyone clean anything. Heck, my first Monday at my first job, I accidentally yelled at this kid for not having a haircut! But, he was an Army bootcamp washout, so he kind of had it comin'..

lol, I sorta went through the same process as well. Though it was a little harder for me since the job I jumped into was still on Lejeune and working with Marines all day, had to pull myself back and bite my lip to not chew some ass over boobery several times. It's not so bad now and most of the other guys I work with are retirees so I can at least sit back with them and complain when someone's jacked up.

My favorite moment was my first 3 weeks on the job here and the MEF CG came by our center for a demo. He came by the classroom I was incharge of at the time and asked me how long I've been "here", I respectfully replied "Well Sir, I've been here for the past 9 years on active duty, I'm actually on terminal leave right now". His response "Oh, well ****, glad to have ya still with us, Oohrah".

I still miss the small unit life and being around all my buddies. Life was so much more simple then.

Welcome back!

Last i remember you were hunting a bicycle to get around @ Camp Leatherneck??

Thread Information