Another foolish question with attitude
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Question Another foolish question with attitude

Hi everyone I'm having trouble joining I have always wanted to be a Marine and I'm 27 years old I wont be able to join by the time I'm 28. I have tried twice now with 2 different recruiters awaiting to hear back from one on Monday if I'm gonna be eligible again. I have a petty larceny charge and a marijuana possession charge from when I was 16 the original charge was grand theft auto and the charge was dropped to petty larceny because I was a minor, also I had a bunch of traffic tickets from the past thats has since been cleared up. Is there anyway of me getting into the Marine Corp ? it is my life dream to be a Marine and I have gone over this with every recruiter and the last one pretty much told me not gonna happen try to write my congressman, which I actually did do. I mean these charges are from when I was a dumb teenager and the marijuana charge I got charged with because it was my cousins it was on him but he was in my car with me so I got charge with it. I am not a bad person or some sort of scumbag I am very smart , responsible hard working citizen who has since learned from my mistakes as a teen I don't think its fair I cannot become a Marine because of this. Is there anything that can be done I guess my question is can the recruiter really try for me if he likes me to get me waivers so I can join ? I'm sure it can be done its just a lot of paper work that nobody wants to be bothered with probably.

Please someone help me out here I just want the chance to be able to wear that uniform and become a United States Marine its all I ever wanted since I was a kid.

Also I didnt actually steal a car it was an auto parts pick up truck and the keys were hanging out of the door it was parked behiund the store and my dumb friends a the time were all drinking and decided to go for a joy ride we got pulled over within ten min it was rediculious

Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    Perhaps being drunk isnt your only problem... you obviously cant read either..... fill out your damn profile

[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members

Rule Four make sure that you have a completed profile less than that is unsat and will get you banned for a period up to and including permanently!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...t=28989&page=2

Ask a Marine forum rules..READ THESE BEFORE POSTING..MARINES TOO!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=103170

Medical/Mental/Criminal/Tattoo Waivers/Lying to MEPS...READ THIS FIRST

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97158

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistybluelady View Post
    Perhaps being drunk isnt your only problem... you obviously cant read either..... fill out your damn profile

Gee I sure hope my profile is filled out Ma'am. Sorry if it isn't. I'll try harder to do better.........WOW you're tough..........

Oh yeah, and it's Marine Corps, not Marine Corp.

Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Gee I sure hope my profile is filled out Ma'am. Sorry if it isn't. I'll try harder to do better.........WOW you're tough..........
    hahaha Dan... thought for sure you would have beaten me to this....

Cheers!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    Oh yeah, and it's Marine Corps, not Marine Corp.

I think that's an underwater salvage company in Miami.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistybluelady View Post
    hahaha Dan... thought for sure you would have beaten me to this....

Cheers!
    You're too fast for me Misty. Been preoccupied.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojorizzon View Post
    Hi everyone I'm having trouble joining I have always wanted to be a Marine and I'm 27 years old I wont be able to join by the time I'm 28. I have tried twice now with 2 different recruiters awaiting to hear back from one on Monday if I'm gonna be eligible again. I have a petty larceny charge and a marijuana possession charge from when I was 16 the original charge was grand theft auto and the charge was dropped to petty larceny because I was a minor, also I had a bunch of traffic tickets from the past thats has since been cleared up. Is there anyway of me getting into the Marine Corp ? it is my life dream to be a Marine and I have gone over this with every recruiter and the last one pretty much told me not gonna happen try to write my congressman, which I actually did do. I mean these charges are from when I was a dumb teenager and the marijuana charge I got charged with because it was my cousins it was on him but he was in my car with me so I got charge with it. I am not a bad person or some sort of scumbag I am very smart , responsible hard working citizen who has since learned from my mistakes as a teen I don't think its fair I cannot become a Marine because of this. Is there anything that can be done I guess my question is can the recruiter really try for me if he likes me to get me waivers so I can join ? I'm sure it can be done its just a lot of paper work that nobody wants to be bothered with probably.

Please someone help me out here I just want the chance to be able to wear that uniform and become a United States Marine its all I ever wanted since I was a kid.
    What have you been doing since all this hit the fan? You're almost 28 yet it's been a life dream of yours to join the Corps.

wow is this seriously the answers I got back? what the hell does my profile matter I wanted to ask a question not make a profile. Oh and I don't drink...you asswipe

I have tryed to join many times my friend...when i was 20 i went down took the asvab went to meps met a girl end of that ...2nd time for soem reason my background held me back 3rd time tryed the army still couldnt go 4th time tryed marines and i had open traffic tickets so i couldnt go...now im trying again with all my tickets paid off and my background from when i was 16 is holding me back...happy now ? do u have a better answer now? no probably not

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojorizzon View Post
    wow is this seriously the answers I got back? what the hell does my profile matter I wanted to ask a question not make a profile. Oh and I don't drink...you asswipe

Well I guess we see why you're not being hotly sought after by the Corps. Your profile matters because there are rules to be followed. It's a simple matter to fill in your profile.

BTW that individual you just insulted has been a member on here since 2006 and is a female.

I joined 5 min ago to ask a question sorry I wasnt aware of the profile. I dont think her comment of me drinking was funny or helpful and I felt offended. You people are obviously not here to help anyone thanks anyway.

Cmdr Dan...it's not even worth the hassle.
    I'm sure those black helos will be around soon.......

Thread Information