Veterans License Plates
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings

Veterans License Plates

Does your state issue veterans and/or disabled Veterans license plates?

If so do they give you a discount? Or do they charge you more for being a veteran?

I live in Missouri, they charge you more for any kind of veterans plate. When you read the info on vets plates they make it sound like they're doing you a big favor until you get to the "pay" part then you find out it's really nothing but a way to make a few more bucks. Thanks for nothing.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by HST View Post
    Does your state issue veterans and/or disabled Veterans license plates?

If so do they give you a discount? Or do they charge you more for being a veteran?

I live in Missouri, they charge you more for any kind of veterans plate. When you read the info on vets plates they make it sound like they're doing you a big favor until you get to the "pay" part then you find out it's really nothing but a way to make a few more bucks. Thanks for nothing.

Here in Virginia Tony we have about 200 different license plates about 10% are are geared toward the military service. You have to show a copy of your DD-214 to get a plate. To have it personalized it will cost you about $10 more. Total cost about $30 for 2 years. You can get service related plates such as USS Cole, Oceana NAS etc. They run about $20 and don't need a DD-214. No discounts for veterans but to be honest a vanity plate for $30 for 2 years is pretty cheap. BTW we have both front and rear plates

Mine

Vietnam Vet

Here's one you don't see in many states Chosin Reservoir Survivor

Utah is the same way. They give you a stickier to put on the plate. It is $25.00. For the same $25.00 you can personalize your own plate. Sounds maybe OK but it is $25.00 a year. Just like you said "thanks for nothing"

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In CT the Veterans plate is no charge, you just need to send in a copy of your DD 214.
    Vanity Veterans plate of course is extra..
    My veterans plate is NAM JAR
    My Harley plate is also NAM JAR

Ohio

Ohio charges $2 once ,then they are yours for the price of a regular renewal after that.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckH View Post
    In CT the Veterans plate is no charge, you just need to send in a copy of your DD 214.
    Vanity Veterans plate of course is extra..
    My veterans plate is NAM JAR
    My Harley plate is also NAM JAR
    I just checked... My mistake.. CT charges $27.50

$10.00 for two years on most Oregon Veteran custom plates. Similar to unit patches and trinkets at the guns shows and all about revenue and marketing, but a pretty good deal

TX Marine Corps and veteran plates are free for the plates, you only have to pay the annual registration fee. I think it is around $10 to personalize.

Used to be and it has been awhile that Kansas charged a one time fee for the tag then you pay your property tax plus registration fee each year. And there are several Military tags in Kansas.

In Montana you pay extra for a Veteran plate of about $20. However that extra money goes to the VA Medical Center at Fort Harrison. If you are a 100% disabled Veteran, plates are free (including the annual registration fee) and you pay NO property tax at all.

In California, it's an additional $30 per year for a sequential license plate or $40 for one that's personalized.

Here's something that's a little odd from California's DMV site:

"Whether you're a veteran or proud of our veterans who have defended America, get your application for Veterans Plates today!"

This sounds like they're encouraging people to buy Veteran plates as appreciation for veterans, but there's nothing on the plate that says that. It just says "Veteran."

http://www.cdva.ca.gov/VetService/plates.aspx

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah they F**k Us here 2 $$$$ But the Police have cut Me a Huss alot 4 speeding.My Purple Heart plate 1RIP1 goes back 2 my 1st Parachute Jump when My Chute had a Major Malfunction.So all the U.S.Army Tac Officers nicnamed Me RIP cause I did as I was Taught and used My RIPCORD S/F

Fist WTF you doin in Tombstone?! it's fixin to get blistering hot there like yesterday until October, you know that right?

Colorado charges a one-time fee of $50. The regular annual registration fees apply after that. A set of replacement plates are also $50, incentive to take good care of them.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up Git your Kick's on Route 66

Drinkin' Beer in tha shade of my 30 Ft,Cacti SLINGER D, yeah I've been coming down here since I drove back from Camp Pendleton on Ole Rt.66 too Chicago in 1970.Told myself someday I'd git Me a Good Cow Pony,and a Good Woman and stay 4 Ever...Dam if my Dream didn't come true...Go Easy CowBoy~~~Adious S/F

Thread Information