Need advice about signing up
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Need advice about signing up

I'm currently an army reserve soldier and looking to join the Corp. Im an e5 in the irr and motivated to join. It has always been a dream of mine to be a marine. Army has done great things for me but I want more out of the military. I was told by my recruiter that with a gt score of 118 I can get into An 02xx mos. I would be honor at the chance to take my military to the next step. The advice I need is can I join from the irr and sign up? And what can I do as far as rank? I have 32 college hours if that helps. I tried talking to a recruiter but I get mix signals from him. He say I have to go in as an e1 is this true?

Thanks

1: It's "Corps" or "Marine Corps".

2: Maximum rank for you will be PFC, or, perhaps on graduation of MCT, E-3, Lance Corporal.

3: You'll have to complete recruit training. Be de-programmed of all the army nonsense you've learned. Literally.

4: You can enlist from the IRR.

5: Your time in service will count, nothing else will. Be prepared to start completely over.

Credits
    Savings
    Corps... Sorry IPhone language is sometimes difficult to type and I forget to proof read. I was active for four years as a combat medic and served on two tours OEF & OIF and I wouldn't say it's nonsense. PFC will work for me I do belive anything higher then that needs to be earned! Thanks for the info and giving me a clearer perspective of what I can expect. Look forward to making the change and living the marine corps values!

Good luck earning the title.

I'll echo Tennessee Top.
    I'd be interested to hear of the result of journey.

Stay tough...

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you all!!

Quote Originally Posted by chulaivet1966 View Post
    I'll echo Tennessee Top.
    I'd be interested to hear of the result of journey.

Stay tough...
    Me three! Good Luck.

I bet that would be quite the sight: A Brand new Marine Graduating and possibly having more ribbons than a drill Instructor.

Credits
    Savings
    How to I get a copy of my dd214 showing I'm released from the reserves?? My recruiter says I need this?

Credits
    Savings
    The army tells me I don't get one because I wasn't active an dd214 are for active duty soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by SGT ALVARADO View Post
    Corps... I was active for four years as a combat medic and served on two tours OEF & OIF and I wouldn't say it's nonsense.
    First off, good luck to you. Did you not receive a dd214 when you left active duty? Also, we always capitalize both Marine, Marine Corps and Corps.

Credits
    Savings
    I did receive one but there is no reenlistment code on it and it doesn't show what kind of discharge I have.

Sorry about grammatical errors.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT ALVARADO View Post
    it doesn't show what kind of discharge I have.
    Something I'm not grasping here.

Seems to me ones' discharge status should be one of the most important facts about one's service record to be noted on the DD214.

Good luck getting all this unscrewed.

Credits
    Savings
    Reason being I wasn't discharged I was but back in reserve status. I need the all the luck or a recruiter that will help me

Quote Originally Posted by GunRun View Post
    I bet that would be quite the sight: A Brand new Marine Graduating and possibly having more ribbons than a drill Instructor.
    Yes it would

I saw a video last night about boot camp and seeing SSgts with three ribbons and giggled a bit. Then again with the amount of people who probably have crossed from another branch to the Corps its probably not as rare now.

Thread Information