Help, info, is my boyfriend really/ever leaving for bootcamp?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Help, info, is my boyfriend really/ever leaving for bootcamp?

My bf signed to the USMC back in march And was supposed to leave in the middle or end of April; well his date got pushed back for what reasons I don't know. His bank account is frozen like they do in the military until they get back with the papers saying they finished boot camp or something. Anyways he's broke until he leaves and comes back. I mean I trust he's going to leave, but when?!? It's now late may and he keeps saying I'll leave at the end of may early June! I ask him if he has talked to anyone and he always says he has and they are trying to get his date (it's always in terms I don't understand) I know he missed a PT or IST one of the two I'm not sure, what does that mean?!? Basically what I want to know is when/is he leaving? And is there anyway I can talk to his recruiter or the marine office and find out his shipment date? If he's going? I just need to know.... Please help!

Amanda Please Fill Out Your Profile So We Know Who We Are Talking To Thank You

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by amandas10389 View Post
    My bf signed to the USMC back in march And was supposed to leave in the middle or end of April; well his date got pushed back for what reasons I don't know. His bank account is frozen like they do in the military until they get back with the papers saying they finished boot camp or something. Anyways he's broke until he leaves and comes back. I mean I trust he's going to leave, but when?!? It's now late may and he keeps saying I'll leave at the end of may early June! I ask him if he has talked to anyone and he always says he has and they are trying to get his date (it's always in terms I don't understand) I know he missed a PT or IST one of the two I'm not sure, what does that mean?!? Basically what I want to know is when/is he leaving? And is there anyway I can talk to his recruiter or the marine office and find out his shipment date? If he's going? I just need to know.... Please help!

Amanda, as Doc mentioned please fill in your profile.

But to be honest with you, this sounds very odd to me. Why would they freeze his bank account? He "signed" you mean he is in DEP? If he DEP in March he would not be leaving so soon. From what I understand the waiting period is around 10 months.

Don't mean to come across as being rude, but if your boyfriend has questions about his ship date and whatever is going on with his bank account, he should be the one asking the questions, not you.
    I know you're only trying to help........but these are things HE needs to take care of.

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Amanda, as Doc mentioned please fill in your profile.

But to be honest with you, this sounds very odd to me. Why would they freeze his bank account? He "signed" you mean he is in DEP? If he DEP in March he would not be leaving so soon. From what I understand the waiting period is around 10 months.
    Also, his bank account would not be frozen at this time. No one would have access to any monies he received while at MCRD, but his account would NOT be frozen at this time.

Young lady, you are being spoon-fed a line of BS, stop carrying him!

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Young Lady, Its time you used your common sense. Good luck.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Young Lady, Its time you used your common sense. Good luck.

Thanks Russ and Billy (Advanced and Mongoose)

I asked those two Marines to check out this story because I personally think he is giving you a load of bs.

Call him on it. Asked for his recruiters number. And as Lisa (Softballcatch) pointed out, it's HIS responsibility to get all the info. But he doesn't seem to be doing that is he?

Young lady, I think you also suspect there is something wrong with his story or you wouldn't come on here looking for answers.

Be careful just how deeply you become involved with this person

Credits
    Savings
    Young lady you are being fed a line of cr$p. Is he borrowing money from you or anyone else? Don't worry about the fact that you don't understand what he's talking about. He's probably making it up as he goes along.

I hope I'm wrong about this and he really has signed up but something stinks

Quote Originally Posted by amandas10389 View Post
    His bank account is frozen like they do in the military until they get back with the papers saying they finished boot camp or something.
    Not sure what you mean by this, but the military doesn't freeze accounts. I can't think of any situation where they would do that. Not pay you? Sure. But, there is no reason the Marine Corps would (or even can) freeze your boyfriend's account until after he got back from boot camp.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Talk to a recruiter, even one outside the area. Maybe your boyfriend got booted from the program and didn't want to break the news to you, maybe a court order caused his wages to be garnished. Maybe the IRS or state income tax folks took every dime in his bank account, they can do that without a court order of any kind.
    Any number of scenarios are possible. You need to check around and try to verify some of the info he's giving you.

Good advice Dave. I thought about wage garnishment as well. Perhaps he's paying child support and failed to mention it to her. But none of this adds up to the truth as we know it

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Well, you're right---but he COULD be telling her the truth, in his own way, as you said.
    But if she doesn't trust him, then check into this stuff on her own.

If she fills in her profile as requested maybe someone who knows her area may be able to point her in the right direction

Credits
    Savings
    Amanda has he mentioned any terms such as Poolee, DEP MEPS? If not then you have a red flag waving in your face

Thread Information