Marine team.
Create Post

Thread: Marine team.

Marine team.

Hi I'm looking for some Marines i met today actually. They were at a national paintball event, Their team name was Marine team i spoke with a few of them. They were from San Diego and were at NPPL Chicago today. I wanted to know how the did because i had to split before there game. I told them i was DEPing next year and i would be trying to get an infantry contract. Please let me know if you know how they did or who they are.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest110 View Post
    Hi I'm looking for some Marines i met today actually. They were at a national paintball event, Their team name was Marine team i spoke with a few of them. They were from San Diego and were at NPPL Chicago today. I wanted to know how the did because i had to split before there game. I told them i was DEPing next year and i would be trying to get an infantry contract. Please let me know if you know how they did or who they are.

Did you even bother reading the heading of this thread????

Looking for a Leatherneck (10 Viewing)
    Searching for a Leatherneck from your past. Post your search here! Perhaps some Marine is looking for you.

You're 16. You're looking for some "Marines" you met today at paint ball. No doubt, this is the first place they would to post there "scores". Good grief!!!!!

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    go to www.propaintball.com That's where I just read about it and PMd you, I sent them a note trying to find out how you could contact them.
    I know absolutely nothing about paintball, but a quick Google search gave me that site, and I believe it has results plus team standings. The full name of that team is Marine Team One.

Fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by BauerBrat View Post
    Did you even bother reading the heading of this thread????

Looking for a Leatherneck (10 Viewing)
    Searching for a Leatherneck from your past. Post your search here! Perhaps some Marine is looking for you.

You're 16. You're looking for some "Marines" you met today at paint ball. No doubt, this is the first place they would to post there "scores". Good grief!!!!!
    Hi I'm not going to start any arguments. But if this was a section that was for Marines only i would not be able to post in it. I respect your opinion and i respect you for serving this great country and for earning the title. I hope none of that came of disrespectful.

Thanks Dave for the help.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    It was his past....it was dis afternoon.....can't bring it back.....

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift !

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    It was his past....it was dis afternoon.....can't bring it back.....

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift !

Yes the Marines were from his past. I simply missed that I guess. I thought the thread was for REAL MARINES trying to connect with brothers they served with in the past. I guess I was wrong. Give him crediblity if you must, after all it's paintball, the closet thing we have to combat

Quote Originally Posted by BauerBrat View Post
    Yes the Marines were from his past. I simply missed that I guess. I thought the thread was for REAL MARINES trying to connect with brothers they served with in the past. I guess I was wrong. Give him crediblity if you must, after all it's paintball, the closet thing we have to combat
    Tournament paintball has nothing to do with combat reenactments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCwYZOwR7R0

Good grief guys. He filled out his profile, was very respectful, spelled Marine with a capital M, and had good grammar. All things you value so much in a LN poolee. Plus, he had a good point. If he wasn’t allowed to post here, the site would have restricted this section. Lighten up.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    GoodLuck on finding them Marines YoungBuck,been thinking 'bout getting 1 of them there Paintgun's so I can Fart around W/my Nephew's do they make any that are like Real design M-14'S Or M-16's? Oh and don't worry 'bout that Combat Chit,it ain't all it's cracked up too Be.Stay off Drug's and Alcohol,and have Funn,Your time will come soon enough.GodSpeed S/F

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    The coach of that team just emailed me, so I will PM the OP now, as he invited the OP to email him and ask questions.
    Thank you, I will email him later tonight when I am not checking from my cell phone. You Marines have a good day.

Info

Guest110,
    How are you doing today. I was doing a search for NPPL Chicago and saw this post. My name is Sonny. I am a member of Marine Team One. I guess you are trying to find out some information regarding the team. It looks like you are an avid player, as am I. So, What can I help you with?
    How was NPPL Chicago? I was unable to participate due to work commitments however I know my guys did great. I still wish I was there.
    I probably can help you with some info. Yes we complete nationally. This is our second year as a full team. The members we have today are from last year, with a few additions and subtractions. We play NPPL 7 man (scheduled for all 4 events) and a few local tournaments in SoCal. Our manager is named Sean Walker (yes former NPPL president). He also plays and owns and manages the team. I want to leave this post open so you can ask some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgotis03 View Post
    Guest110,
    How are you doing today. I was doing a search for NPPL Chicago and saw this post. My name is Sonny. I am a member of Marine Team One. I guess you are trying to find out some information regarding the team. It looks like you are an avid player, as am I. So, What can I help you with?
    How was NPPL Chicago? I was unable to participate due to work commitments however I know my guys did great. I still wish I was there.
    I probably can help you with some info. Yes we complete nationally. This is our second year as a full team. The members we have today are from last year, with a few additions and subtractions. We play NPPL 7 man (scheduled for all 4 events) and a few local tournaments in SoCal. Our manager is named Sean Walker (yes former NPPL president). He also plays and owns and manages the team. I want to leave this post open so you can ask some questions.
    How do Marines try out for the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgotis03 View Post
    Guest110,
    Amazing! not gonna lie i met one of your guys after having a couple of old friends walk me into the pits so i wouldnt be questioned. I had to take the season off to save some money (car poor). What division where you playing in? I would love to pit for you guys next time your in chicago considering chicago psp last year was probably my last national tourney.

Answers

Well there has been a shift in our program this year. Marine Team One will only be competing in the west coast NPPL and the RPL and Dleague. Due to military commitments, it has been very difficult to roster a full consistent team every tourney. Therefore, the former Marine Team One will become the CP Raiders. This will allow civilians to play for the team without any back lash. Marine Team One will now be an all service only (Marine and Navy) team. CP Raiders will have most of the Marine Team One members, and the others going to Marine Team One.

To answer your questions.
    1- Tryouts - Tryouts already happened two weeks ago. All you have to do is come out during the tryouts. You will get an email if you get on. If you get on, its a free ride for the most part.

2- Chicago - CP Raiders will be at Chicago. Again, most of last years Marine Team One guys are now on that team.

3- Division - We play division 2. Depending on the talent on the new Marine Team One, the will see what division they will play in. My guess, is D3. However, the talks are D2.

I will not be there as I am moving to Japan. Wish I could continue to play. Im sure going to miss it.

Thread Information