Another One Of These Boot Camp Questions And Then Some - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    thanks Sgt. That's absolutely random though, if you scrap the rewards for the points... why not scrap the point system too? I guess we'll never know

Roger that sir.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The point system thing was a flash in the pan and hasn't been kicking around all that long... maybe a couple of years. Initially every current member in good standing was issued 10,000 credits. New joins got a handful when they joined. There was a plan in place to be able to increase your credits lottery style as well as gaining credits by posting. The the plan for the credits was to use them in raffles on all sorts of stuff. The site owner then came on board and told everyone to go ahead and gamble away their credits as he was gonna reset everyones anyway. Some of us (me) did just that. Sounded like a cool plan for the site that just never got past square one.

================================================== =================

The question about the duration of individual classes. The classes are broken up into time intervals that no recruit is privy to. The only way recruits can track time is breakfast is in the morning, dinner is mid day, and supper is in the evening. You'll sleep at night and go to church on Sundays. That is about all the time awareness you get.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPhoneIsMine View Post
    none of them will do any good if they don't sanitize their tables
    I've got some Clorox wipes...sending them now.

and if you're an atheist? I've heard conflicting stories.. some say you get free time for mail call, shower all that BS, some say, you stare at a wall the whole time, some say you have to go to church, some say you'll be forced to clean. can anyone shed some light on this?

ok cool thanks.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally DEPd View Post
    quick question that I've been wanting to ask about this forum that I keep forgetting... What's the point of the credits? like what can you do with them? I can't seem to figure it out.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...hlight=credits

Quote Originally Posted by Finally DEPd View Post
    Hey GySgt; We had a SgtMaj pool function where the DI's from San Diego came up and ran PT for a day, so I have had a DI in my face just yelling his head off at me and I LOVED every minute of it, it's very motivating for me. And no I'm not a dumb a**, I scored 24% above average on my ASVAB sir. Kill
    That's one day sunshine, Semper Fidelis.

Gosh fellas, the kid just wanted a few questions answered,,,jeesh...I know that if this were my son and he was about to embark on the most swell adventure of his lifetime, I would want him to have ALL of the answers, and know what he would be doing EVERY minute of his days in Boot. Give him a break...golly gee. Now, if this were actually my son, he would know better than to address this forum with anything other than the utmost respect. He would not approach this forum and its members as if he were "one of the guys" and just hanging out with us over a beer. He would also know that I would rape his effing soul for all of eternity if he spoke to me in the manner in which he has spoken to some members of this forum. He would also know that being a military brat does not put him on a par with actual service men and women. But, the biggest thing he would understand is that our Marine Corps is no friggin joke, and having grown men in your face 24/7 whose job it is to make a Marine out of you is no laughing matter, is not cool and is not designed to be moto.
    OP, I wish you well in your endeavor to become a Marine. Just understand that this is not something that comes easily, and when/if you one day wear the EGA, legitimately, you will know that you have earned it. Carry on.

I think this one has run it's course.

Closed for the good of the order.

And I re-direct ALL of you to re-read the rules. Marines included.

Some of us tiptoed right up to the 'tossed out of here' line.

Thread Information