Anger
Create Post

Thread: Anger

Anger

Anger
    "Do not let the sun go down on your anger and do not give the Devil a foothold.” Eph. 4:26 & 27
    Holding anger robs us of our Joy. Nehemiah 8:9
    “The joy of the Lord is your strength”.
    Suppose you are a child not wanting to go to bed, but mom & dad make you go. Now you are in bed angry. Suppose I’m the devil standing in your doorway waiting to come in. What do you do? You start to close the door and I stick my foot In the doorway. Now it is easy for me to push the door open. So it is true when we rob ourselves of power generating joy by holding anger.
    Anger is destructive not productive.
    Everyone gets angry but God warns us not to remain angry.
    Unforgivness. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
    Colossians 3:13
    Who gets hurt when you do not forgive someone? You do! Why? Because you spend your time and energy thinking about the past and remaining angry, thus robbing your joy and strength. The person you are not forgiving likely is unaware of your feelings, especially if some time has passed.
    Why waste your time and strength on an unproductive effort?
    Choose Joy, Choose forgiveness, Choose to not remain angry.

Is this easy? No! But it is very worthwhile to practice.

Lord,
    Help us to forgive just like you have forgiven us. Help us to quickly overcome anger. Help us to choose Joy. Empower us with a dynamic direction and a vision to effect this world in a more positive way.
    Your Grace is more than enough. May we show that same grace to those around us.
    Amen!

May each of us practice forgiveness, joy, peace and Gods grace. May we find our mission and complete it with newfound strength.

Every moment you are angry,
    you lose a minute of happiness.

Gung Ho,

Ray

Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    Well said Kirk.......God Bless

Thank You Again For A Very Nice Sermon. As The Old Saying Goes Life Is Too Short To Hold A Grudge.

Semper Fi And Godbless Doug

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Captain Kirk,That was Excellent,Very Peaceful and if people could Understand ,Very True- Hey Ray,-Doc Hansen .

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Captain Kirk, that is a good read ,where is the key to open that door,and why cant i find it,envy of people being happy and laughing, and friendly to others seems to be my stuckpoint, i did enjoy the read, s/f

Credits
    Savings

Revelation..................

Quote Originally Posted by kaelobo View Post
    Captain Kirk, that is a good read ,where is the key to open that door,and why cant i find it,envy of people being happy and laughing, and friendly to others seems to be my stuckpoint, i did enjoy the read, s/f

3:20 ! " Behold I stand at the door of your heart, if you will open it ? I will come in and supp with you ,and you with me " Jesus

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Dam thats a good answer, i will think of that today,great way for me to start the day, thank you s/f

Credits
    Savings

Actually.........................

I misquoted it pretty badly !
    "KJV version: " Behold, I stand at the door and knock;if any man hear my voice,and open the door, I will come in to him,and will sup with him,and he with me "

Excelent Gary. Thanks for adding that. You must open the door. You must invite him in. Then you will know him. All old things will be cast away and all things will become as new. Then the Joy of the Lord will become your strength.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

If phone would stop posting I would be a less angry person. I think I need to say a prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kirk View Post
    Anger
    "Do not let the sun go down on your anger and do not give the Devil a foothold.” Eph. 4:26 & 27
    Holding anger robs us of our Joy. Nehemiah 8:9
    “The joy of the Lord is your strength”.
    Suppose you are a child not wanting to go to bed, but mom & dad make you go. Now you are in bed angry. Suppose I’m the devil standing in your doorway waiting to come in. What do you do? You start to close the door and I stick my foot In the doorway. Now it is easy for me to push the door open. So it is true when we rob ourselves of power generating joy by holding anger.
    Anger is destructive not productive.
    Everyone gets angry but God warns us not to remain angry.
    Unforgivness. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
    Colossians 3:13
    Who gets hurt when you do not forgive someone? You do! Why? Because you spend your time and energy thinking about the past and remaining angry, thus robbing your joy and strength. The person you are not forgiving likely is unaware of your feelings, especially if some time has passed.
    Why waste your time and strength on an unproductive effort?
    Choose Joy, Choose forgiveness, Choose to not remain angry.

Is this easy? No! But it is very worthwhile to practice.

Lord,
    Help us to forgive just like you have forgiven us. Help us to quickly overcome anger. Help us to choose Joy. Empower us with a dynamic direction and a vision to effect this world in a more positive way.
    Your Grace is more than enough. May we show that same grace to those around us.
    Amen!

May each of us practice forgiveness, joy, peace and Gods grace. May we find our mission and complete it with newfound strength.
    My god I can relate to this. I'm always so friggin angry and blowing up at everyone, my wife, my friends, my co-workers, everyone. Maybe its all the drinking I've done over the last few years that have made so angry. I don't know. I'm always angry though, even over the little things that I should let slide and ignore. But I get angry and blow up all the time. I'm tired of it, and anger-management hasn't always helped (the few times I've been to it). I don't know, I just wish I wasn't such an angry 25 year old guy all the time

-Derek

Burk,

Anger is a choice. It is much easier said then done however with God's help we can become stronger. We can put down anger and rage and begin to show love even when the person is unlovable. Now that is a blessing worth persuing.

How much have we gained in lfe by being angry?

Thread Information