any tips for learning the 11 General Orders?
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

any tips for learning the 11 General Orders?

Hello Marines I am proud to say that at this time I am a Poolee with a ship date to Parris Island for 20111212. At this time I have learned the ranks along with their insignias along with the 14 Leadership Traits. I am asking because with the 14 Leadership Traits i was taught the trick of J.J. DID Tie BUCKLE. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Don't worry, you'll be saying them enough at Boot camp...

You can check out this video, if you'd like.
    It has a tip in how to memorize them.

But, I agree with TheReservist.

http://youtu.be/tVbx0yamBnE

(sorry, I don't know how to embed yt videos on this forum)

There are a few things that I would learn before I go to boot camp if I were you. One would be PT. There is nothing more frustrating to a DI than a recruit who shows up only being able to do 1 pullup, 20 crunches and a 13 min mile and a half time. Yes, they will go by the Marine Corps standard: 3 pullups, 44 crunches and 13:30 run time. But that is the minimum standards and you dont want to be the guy who does the minimum standards. Second, learn your general orders. You will get a class on it during your first couple weeks, but if you want to be ahead, learn them before you go. Learn the first one. Once you got that down, go to the second, and so on. Next, learn your rank structure. Enlisted, officer and warrant officer. In my experience, recruits have a difficult time with the warrant officer rank structure.

Each General order starts with 2 specific words. If you can learn to relate the General Order number with those two words then it will become a little easier for you. I would suggest to learn each one first off, no matter if you know which number it relates to or not, then afterwards learn which number it is.

It's always good to know your knowledge before going to bootcamp, just to get ahead of the game.

I use to read the Orders while i made a head call before i went to boot camp. if you're having a hard time now, i would not be worried you'll learn everything about the Marine Corps during boot. They will drill it into your head, until you're sick of it.

Thread Information