Can I play guitar? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ahhhh, good point. Like the guy who gives consent to search off of a minor traffic stop full well knowing there's a big bag of coke and a .45 under his seat...

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    .....YOU NUMBNUTS HAVE WASTED 5 PAGES OF THREADS ON THIS AZZHOLE!!!!.....WHAT A BUNCH OF BORED OLD MEN!!!!!.....DUH!!...

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgtRSD View Post
    Dang, I thought for a second the troll card came out a little fast. Maybe he was just a little ignorant about where he is. But Dave, once again, right on the money.....Kind of sad though that there are so many...

Geez Ryan go back and read #'s 7 and 11. Do you see Dave's imprint on them? Dave has this incredible publicist who flits about all over the place, he's invisible but it's his job to make Dave look good no matter the situation.

Little know fact but Dave was on the OJ defense team. Sort of second string but he tried on the OJ glove and said, "Crap this doesn't fit can I get a better fit?" as I'm sure you know this was twisted by the OJ defense team into, "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit"

Let me make sure that I have this straight. YOU want to play a guitar in a war zone, but YOU don't want to possibly get YOUR guitar damaged. So the Corps should supply you with one. Am I correct? No problem. I'll write a note to the Commandant asking that, 1) if you ever become a Marine, and 2) if you are ever sent to Afghanistan, you be issued a guitar instead of a weapon. Any other special items or requests, just please let us know and we will immediately have the Corps stop everything and cater to your every whim.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    I was tied up, Dan, the day they invited me to join the team, so I missed out (fortunately). Missed out also on the Las Vegas thing, too.

Dave your personal habits perhaps should be left for another time and place, don't you think???.......

Commander you said it though, you made your quota for the month. I just didn't want to throw another one at you, can't have your stats looking inflated...Plus Dave could use a little pick-me-up after getting the rope burns...

Dave, maybe we should advise this young man that what the Corps really needs are guitarists that are fluent in either Klingon or Vulcan (Vulcanese?).

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgtRSD View Post
    Commander you said it though, you made your quota for the month. I just didn't want to throw another one at you, can't have your stats looking inflated...Plus Dave could use a little pick-me-up after getting the rope burns...
    Ryan glad you understand the delicate balance with Dave. Too much is not enough too little not too much. Tough to gauge,so I try and humor him. I take credit where I think I desreve and give back others so Dave and his orbital crew of Zooomie JAG can bask in his glory. Too bad it's a 20 watt bulb

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    LOL, we should put up a Don't Feed the Troll sign. But yes didn't they back in the day provide you with musical instruments? I know in the Navy if you wanted to learn to play the ocarina as an enlisted, all you had to was ask your section Chief. Very hospitable those E-8's with 28 years in.
    Was that the Famous SweetPotatoe, SweePatooie ? i always wondered what they used in addition to them "Bells"
    noise all the time. Know where the term "Bells and Whistles " came from when it came to describing do-dads with all the functions..

The Corps was a little stricter with us..
    IF we provided our own "Comb"
    we could always ask the Chief Messman

for some wax paper, and get up a version of the
    "All MarineCorps Kazoo Marching Band"

gotta love trolls, and tattoo's ?
    gives us another way to attack boredom

Speaking of boredom...

Cancer is OBVIOUSLY a bored Marine on duty somewhere around the globe with nothing better to do than yank all our chains.

He is getting a big chuckle out of all the attention.

Good job Cancer; you are a great entertainer!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Dats the true meaning of Guitar Hero!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    DOC....I remember the day and time that YOU used to be a bored old man...

Just sayin'

I remember when there were a couple of brothers in the 11th Marines who would break out their Guitars and sing for the troops in the barracks. There names were Don & Phil Everly. True story.

Credits
    Savings
    I remember one day with a half day liberty went into downtown DaNang with a Marine Buddy "Cpl John Caskey" he got on a guitar Strummin' in a sidewalk shop, and a Dark Green Marine heard him , and joined in on a set of drums there also in the store.. It was an INSTANT sidewalk hit for all around the neighborhood, untill the Q'c's and the MP's
    broke the crowd up and had us move along.

John Caskey of california, i still remember you always
    and if you read this, Gimme a Call

Thread Information