Create Post

Thread: 0311

Question 0311

Good Evening Marines,
    I was reading about 0313s right now (LAV Crewmen) and from what I understand is there is up to 4 0311 scouts in each LAV and they are usually attached to the LAV battalions in contrast to normal 0311. I was wondering what are the differences and responsibilities of 0311s attached to LAR battalions and normal 0311s. Thanks.

Mobile Grunt. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeonpaolo View Post
    Good Evening Marines,
    I was reading about 0313s right now (LAV Crewmen) and from what I understand is there is up to 4 0311 scouts in each LAV and they are usually attached to the LAV battalions in contrast to normal 0311. I was wondering what are the differences and responsibilities of 0311s attached to LAR battalions and normal 0311s. Thanks.

Yeah , No difference really. We learn thing that aplly to the LAV and the 25mm system.

We hump and ride in the LAVs. 4 per LAV..HAHA. Ive seen it full with Marines and Corpsmen.

Now you can stay with LAR battalions you whole enlistment, just like Recon BNs can do also.

I say move around ,I did and got to learn and do more than ever.

Your never to old to deploy.

S/F<
    CEYA!

one note - you are not "attached" to the LAV/LAR battalion. You are assigned to them - you are part of the battalion.

Thanks all. Hey SGT Williams, are you allowed to choose/request to be normal 0311 or LAR 0311? Thanks

Thanks all. Hey CEYA!, are you allowed to choose/request to be normal 0311 or LAR 0311? Thanks
    Call me CEYA!

I can't say for what is happening now but I did not request the unit I wanted to go, remember the NEED of the Marine Corps comes first.

I asked for west coast and I was sent to 2/7 and it was changed the next morning to 3rd LAR and went on deployment 2 months later on a 7 months pump-OKI.

You may can ask at SOI once your there but FOCUS on your mission.

What ever you choose, just do your job and learn as much as you can.

Just pass boot camp, SOI first and we can get you going on the rest.

We will be here when your in brotherhood as we are here now.

S/F,
    CEYA!

Thanks Ceya! Sorry It kinda feels weird not calling an enlisted Marine by their ranks lol...

Thanks Ceya! Sorry It kinda feels weird not calling an enlisted Marine by their ranks lol...

Ok Sgt CEYA!

Good Luck, Be Prepared, Never Quit and

Remember why U Signed the Motherf Contract.

Semper Fi

Sgt CEYA!

haha will do Sgt Ceya!

Thread Information