HMX-1 Security
Create Post

Thread: HMX-1 Security

HMX-1 Security

Well im on my last weekend of MCT and head off to military police school on tuesday. Ive searched for info on Marine One, HMX-1 security detail which i was told by my recruiter is open to military police. I was want to try and get it as my duty station. Ive tried to reaserch it but want able to find much info, my recruiter told me that when i get to MOS school and can put in a package for it and will get accepted. Anyone on here have any info they can provide?
    Thanks Marines!

"My recruiter said..."

So let me get this straight... " you get accepted automatically when you put in your package as a Pvt/PFC" and you bought it. Good luck. Dont worry I totally tried to go undeployable working a 9-5 with weekends off and at least 1 96 a month as a PFC because my recruiter said so as well.. He sold you a package. Cheers

Too late now. You'll be at MP school in a couple days so talk to the staff there about putting in a package for HMX-1. If they laugh at you, be sure to give your recruiter a call.

Let us know how it works out in case the question comes up again in the future.

Good luck with attaining your goals.

First of all, HMX has to need a security guy. If they don't need you, you ain't going there. Second, it is very competitive to get orders there. It's not just a matter of filling out a background check. You have to be top of your class in everything like academics, leadership and PT. Third, HMX security isn't as glamorous as it looks. 90% of the time those guys down right hate life.

Just because you don't get it right out of the school house doesn't mean you'll never be able to go there. If you don't get it on your first enlistment, wait and see if you can get orders there when it comes time to re-enlist. And honestly, it's not very healthy for your Marine Corps career to go to HMX on your first enlistment. I wasn't an MP, but I know, because I did it.

I got assigned by going to S1 right before I graduated my A school and requesting HMX-1. They told me that they had some openings and put me in the squadron. My MOS was 6434 it was easy for me and hope you don't have any trouble. Security Squadron always competed with the Airwing and everyone enjoyed working there as long as you were cleared with a Little Yankee White Clearance. The only ones who hated the squadron were the ones who were denied a Top Secret Clearance with White House access because they were considered Chit Birds.

If for any reason you have anything in your backgroud that will not allow you to get cleared do not request to go because you will be miserable. The FBI went and spoke to my school teachers along with my parents and neighbors. Back in 87 my clearance costed 76k and was very very thorough.

Best of Luck!

Cpl Kevin D. Heglar
    USMC

Thread Information