Iwo-Jima tattoo disrespectful? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy7933 View Post
    Okay to start this isn't just another tattoo policy question but, I'm 16 and getting my first tattoo and wanted to get something patriotic. I am joining the Marines right out of high school and was leaning towards a Iwo-Jima tattoo with a quote on my side. Keep in mind this doesn't say Semper Fi, or Marine or anything like that because i realize i haven't earned that title yet. Just wondering if this would be looked on as disrespectful to other Marines since I am not a recruit yet, because I mean no disrespect whatsoever. It's somewhat similar to this...

http://www.grunt.com/corps/tattoos/details/1324/

Thanks,
    Rodney
    Not a good idea, Semper Fidelis.

I'm gonna say wait until your a bit older to get a tattoo, and then if you do enlist and become a Marine get it after you earn the title. Im not just refering to an Iwo Jimo tat, its getting harder to gets jobs in the real world, and with as many people in the Corps as there is, its getting harder to get waivers. When your older check with recruiters on the current regs. Good Luck in your endeavors.

You don't even know if you're medically qualified to be a Marine yet. Don't get a moto tat unless you've got a ship date son... actually just never get one, ever...

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    yeah i've decided too just put it behind me. No point getting a waiver denied two years down the road for some BS phase. Thanks for the advice

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    yeah i've decided too just put it behind me. No point getting a waiver denied two years down the road for some BS phase. Thanks for the advice

Good and smart choice. It's a phase, we all have been through it. But as I mentioned yesterday, if you or your buddies live near a VA facility, drop by and just listen to what they have to teach you. Bring them something, a phone card, a pack of Ring Dings it doesn't matter. You show them respect, I'll guarantee they will bend over backwards to help you

Okay to start this isn't just another tattoo policy question but, I'm 16 and getting my first tattoo and wanted to get something patriotic. I am joining the Marines right out of high school and was leaning towards a Iwo-Jima tattoo with a quote on my side. Keep in mind this doesn't say Semper Fi, or Marine or anything like that because i realize i haven't earned that title yet. Just wondering if this would be looked on as disrespectful to other Marines since I am not a recruit yet, because I mean no disrespect whatsoever. It's somewhat similar to this...

http://www.grunt.com/corps/tattoos/details/1324/

Thanks,
    Rodney

Sorry Rodney....But to this Old Marine it could be construed as disrespect......you want to be What We Are ......MARINES...until you EARN the title.........you have know idea what that means......with that being said.......study hard...get good grades...your 16? you have a long time yet......It is admirable and flattering that you want to be like us...US Marines....... concentrate on your studies.......worry about whats in front of your eye's right now!

Don't get the tattoo, wait, enlist if that's what you want to do, then you can decide......time has a funny way of changing ones perception about life and Death.....which is the business you profess to aspire to

Good Luck Son......

Dave and others nailed it, and I'm glad you are taking their advice. Closed, as the point has been made.

Thread Information