Be Curteous and Respectfull? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    someone start a chest thumpin thread so ya'll can get it off your chest and minds
    aint never seen a bunch of crybabys since I passed by a den of cub scouts the other day and it ws rainin and they couldnt go camping

Quote Originally Posted by civgrunt05 View Post
    Why can't there be a cross between terminal lance and this site?

Terminal lance is full of 18 year olds that think it's cool to talk about how much the Corps sucks, while this forum is a little too up tight.

Perhaps I missed it in the forum rules, but who cares if some one is a Master Guns on here?
    I'm a Sgt.... should I demand that a LCpl stand at parade rest while he dictates his reply to my post to his girlfriend?

We all meet as Marines here. I don't give a flying **** if you are a 4 star, a PFC, as black as a nigerian native, or a trailer park king white trash redneck.

The Marines I know are too busy joking with each other about racial stereotypes and what not to actually be racist.

If you think some one is racist against your race, then give him an internet punch in the face and move on.

I've had leaders that I was sure hated me because I was white, but, you know what? **** them and the horses they rode in on. I'm still gonna love the Corps for the 98.89% of Marines who are good to go and see only green.
    After reading your post, I checked out Terminal Lance. I only got as far as the cartoon strips. Some of those are pretty funny!

Quote Originally Posted by civgrunt05 View Post
    Why can't there be a cross between terminal lance and this site?

Terminal lance is full of 18 year olds that think it's cool to talk about how much the Corps sucks, while this forum is a little too up tight.

Perhaps I missed it in the forum rules, but who cares if some one is a Master Guns on here?
    I'm a Sgt.... should I demand that a LCpl stand at parade rest while he dictates his reply to my post to his girlfriend?

We all meet as Marines here. I don't give a flying **** if you are a 4 star, a PFC, as black as a nigerian native, or a trailer park king white trash redneck.

The Marines I know are too busy joking with each other about racial stereotypes and what not to actually be racist.

If you think some one is racist against your race, then give him an internet punch in the face and move on.

I've had leaders that I was sure hated me because I was white, but, you know what? **** them and the horses they rode in on. I'm still gonna love the Corps for the 98.89% of Marines who are good to go and see only green.
    Maybe son you haven't ever had to trust your life to the leadership of the MC. My post was not to you; it was to someone who started the thread with Respect (demanding respect) and then he disrespects a Master Gunnery Sgt. of all people. If you haven't learned to respect such a man yet, perhaps you will - someday. We are not in the same league. I understand that you have no idea what I'm saying, too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by RonaldOverby View Post
    hey TOP unless you have the authority to delet my account your statement is a moot point. Im a lot tougher than you think i may be, this thing has already been squased and for you as a TOP to come on here and say your peace, i cant stop that, but if you read the full post its already over, no need to come and put oil on the fire, but your a TOP and you should already know that, Dont worry TOP i will last here, if not just to prove it to you E-9

R-R
    Now that's more like it!

I realize that this thread has resolved itself, although there still seems to be good bit of miscommunication between some members. I too believe that the original blanket statement about this entire forum by the original poster was inappropriate and wrong. When you draw conclusions from only a small number of posts and threads and this conclusion is not indicated from the far superior in number of posts and threads that do not fit the criteria that you protest, perhaps the subject was already decided by that same individual. This could be mistaken by some as a form of prejudice, when actually it is only another valid opinion, but it is cloaked in a presentation that seems to accuse everyone else here as being part and party to a racist or prejudicial site. That is the trouble with blanket statements and accusations, it just doesn't look at the individuals and the merit of such an attack is null and void. Perhaps we could all get along if we try to keep in sight that we are all Marines, on a public site, and that we all have different stories and experiences to tell and the brotherhood should take precedence over our differences. RESPECT IS EARNED, NOT DEMANDED !Semper Fidelis still means what it should to me.
    Respectfully, Scott

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Maybe son you haven't ever had to trust your life to the leadership of the MC. My post was not to you; it was to someone who started the thread with Respect (demanding respect) and then he disrespects a Master Gunnery Sgt. of all people. If you haven't learned to respect such a man yet, perhaps you will - someday. We are not in the same league. I understand that you have no idea what I'm saying, too bad.
    Russ, take it easy brother. There are some that still dont get it. They dont realize that getting through bootcamp gets you the title Marine. Respect is something you earn through your actions. A Master Gunny didnt get there because he had a great personality. He got there because he got the job done when he had to. He got to a place Ive never been close to. Or Russ. Nor will most of you ever get there. He earned his respect. I feel sorry for those that think they hand it out at mail call.

It would appear, from my reading just the first pages, that this Marine had issues at some time/some place, that couldn't be resolved, and he decided to make an issue of it, publicly. Not sure what the deal is but I'm working on it. Perhaps a case of hurt feelings or something else. Once I read through the entire thread I'll make my decision and go from there.

OK...I've read the entire thing and STILL don't 'get' what the offending commentary is/was. However, I'm closing this one down for the good of the order.

RO, I suggest you check us out...and you'll find that overt racism is NOT tolerated around here, period. Ask some of my 'liberal' bretheren how using a certain word as a 'test' got them a several week 'vacation' from us. There are, in fact, limits to what I will allow when it comes to certain things. Other things, it's a free for all. If you wander into the political section, you'll see it's a nightly knife fight and can get bloody. However, most, if not all, of us, leave those opines at the door when we wander into the other sections. That's why we HAVE a political section.

I wouldn't hesitate to help any of my fellow Marines here if they asked, no matter what their political affiliations are. We can argue politics later if one of my fellow Marines is in trouble. Period.

Stick around, nose around, and feel free to interplay with our members. IF there is an issue, don't hesitate to contact me via PM.

Last edited by Sgt Leprechaun; 05-09-11 at 06:48 PM.

I respect you TOP and the fact you were able to attain the rank of E-9 is outstanding and wihout question it deserves respect, we all say things in the heat of the moment. for those that think i dont respect you or your rank they just don't know me.

Semper Fi

R-

RO, please read my post above yours. I'll leave this thread open for any response you might want to do out of courtesy for you (as a last word). Then I'm closing it, as it appears to me the issue has been resolved.

blanket statements are no good for anybody. once again i appologize to all of my brother Marines and i ask that i be given another chance. I respect everyone and i am not the person some may think, i consider this matter resolved. thank you Sgt Lep for reviewing this thread.

Semper Fi

R-

So noted, sir. Closed for the good of the order.

Thread Information