Buddy program question
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buddy program question

I have already dep'd in and leave for boot camp aug 24th, I was talking to my friend and he said he was interested in joining but he said he will only join if he can buddy program in with me. I was wondering if it was to late for him to buddy program with me because im already dep'd in and hes not. All information will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    -Matt

So not first hand experience but my best friend did. He was DEP'd in and then a friend decided he wanted to buddy up. So the first guy told his recruiter and his ship date was bumped back to the ship date of the other friend.

There you have it they went buddy program and graduated together as Marines!!!

Hope it helps, sorry I dont have much info but I though this would atleast help a little!!!

thank you usmcdjcs1ssy I appreciate it alot!

If your friend is only willing to enlist so he can POSSIBLY spend 3 months with you in boot camp he needs to re-evaluated what he's doing. Key word is POSSIBLY, sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn't. You may be in the same company, but a different platoon, and if that's the case he might as well be on another planet from you.

He needs to enlist in the Marine Corps for his interests and his alone. My best friend since the second grade had enlisted, so had I. But in the back of my mind I knew that odds were that he wouldn't actually ever ship. I was right and he was discharged from the DEP and is now going to college. That's his choice and if his heart wasn't in the right place then I'm glad he never actually shipped. During the process I knew I had to do everything for myself, and myself alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW2011 View Post
    If your friend is only willing to enlist so he can POSSIBLY spend 3 months with you in boot camp he needs to re-evaluated what he's doing. Key word is POSSIBLY, sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn't. You may be in the same company, but a different platoon, and if that's the case he might as well be on another planet from you.

He needs to enlist in the Marine Corps for his interests and his alone. My best friend since the second grade had enlisted, so had I. But in the back of my mind I knew that odds were that he wouldn't actually ever ship. I was right and he was discharged from the DEP and is now going to college. That's his choice and if his heart wasn't in the right place then I'm glad he never actually shipped. During the process I knew I had to do everything for myself, and myself alone.
    Nuff' said

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I had a kid buddy up with me and for a while we had the same ship date, til the recruiters found out I got the last spot for Aug 22, and his ship date got pushed back til november. All depends on how many spots are left at MCRD i guess

Quote Originally Posted by PNW2011 View Post

X3

Im sorry but I asked for info regarding the buddy program not the reason my friend is joining... There are other reason to him joining only if he can buddy with me, If you dont know the whole story please keep the comments on the matter I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by shatheman91 View Post
    Im sorry but I asked for info regarding the buddy program not the reason my friend is joining... There are other reason to him joining only if he can buddy with me, If you dont know the whole story please keep the comments on the matter I asked.
    Why isn't this in Ask a Marine?
    Why haven't you asked your Recruiter?

Quote Originally Posted by robbyj View Post
    Why isn't this in Ask a Marine?
    Why haven't you asked your Recruiter?
    Why does it matter to you? I asked a question if you dont know the answer dont post.

Why does it matter to you? I asked a question if you dont know the answer dont post.
    And you think Poolees will know the answer?

Only your Recruiter will be able to give you a solid answer.

no, there are other poolees what have asked this stuff and have an answer just dont worry about it.

no, there are other poolees what have asked this stuff and have an answer just dont worry about it.
    Were you dropped as a child? Just wondering.

Were you dropped as a child? Just wondering.
    Mr. Tough guy here, you are cool bro.

I'll second this.....ASK your recruiter. He/she will be able to give you the most update and accurate info on this.

Thread Information