The most realistic boot camp video I have ever seen. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I can still do my S'es in 3 mins, well at least 2 of the S'es. Somethings seem to take a touch longer now. At 60 life is a touch more interesting, wake up in the am and sound like a box of Rice Crispy's my 1st 20 step to the head.

Because there were 84 of us (to begin with), we had to do everything in shifts and the guide or squad leader had to change the shifts. I think it was something like: 1) sinks, 2) showers, 3) toilets, and 4) back at your bunk to square your gear away, but in a different order each night.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    We never had what you call free time. Many things we had to do after lights out. Sometimes up till 12 or 1 in the morning. On Sundays we washed , cleaned rifles and all the other little shet details. Always outside.

in SD we had to police the area and rake the grass, if it wasn't green police it, it it wouldn't move make it green.Then is was spit and polish, make the brass shine and rilfes was cleaned.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpinjack View Post
    in SD we had to police the area and rake the grass, if it wasn't green police it, it it wouldn't move make it green.Then is was spit and polish, make the brass shine and rilfes was cleaned.
    Jack, I dont remember any grass. At least not in our area, But we did have to police up.

Talking Here's what I think !

I should of gone to Paradise Island and avoided being a Hollywood Marine .

I'm sorry brothers , but I was not the best recruit inducted into the Corps as that was not in my dream of a career in " Today's Army " , and did rate alot of hands on attention plus all that extra EXERCISE AND STANDING TO ATTENTION while my DIs kept trying to hurt my feelings that I never had !

I did graduate with my yellow footprint guys back in June of '69 !

My platoon had a high AWOL rate , no one asked me to come along and that's why I was always left behind , besides California is full of freaks and was a dangerous place to be wonderring around with a redneck haircut in military attire !

My boot camp was closer to that on " Full Medal Jacket " with AWOLS and running over those who dropped out of ranks or fell down , while running !

The Battalion came down on my DIs to stop all the AWOLLING , when an AWOLLER at the range squealled on them somehow as he found someone who listen . He was the last guy to do that ( AWOL ) and the only one to graduate with us !

My story is not like what I see in this film at Paradise Island !

PS. I didn't graduate , " I survived " and just walked away from my DIs , who I would never see again ! It would be over a year before I'd like being a Marine , nothing like being in a combat zone in order to like who you are !

What the hell is "motivation platoon"? Is that where you sit around and share your feelings with the DI and he tells you, "buck up, it will be okay. Hang in there sport"? We sure as hell didn't have a motivation platoon. If you're ass couldn't adjust, tough ****!

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Jack, I dont remember any grass. At least not in our area, But we did have to police up.
    There was not really any grass,our DI called the sand in front of the huts the grass we had to rack, all rocks was painted olivedrap green.

That was pretty cool, i didnt go to paradise island (lol) i was a hollywood Marine,MountMTHERFKR HOOOOOOOOO!!!! i dont know if it was because they were filming but it looked a little soft to me, dont jump on me guys, i dont remember being treated that fkin nice. LOL after all was said and done i did really enjoyed watching that though... big ups to the guy that posted this thread..

I love watching these old vids. Stuff like DI have what I would consider a "Normal" haircut, and service uniform that were worn all day, not some uncomfortable, painted on charlie suit you only get out for inspections.

I also noticed the sentry at the gate had a cross draw holster. It was a simpler time

Quote Originally Posted by iamspartacus View Post
    What the hell is "motivation platoon"? Is that where you sit around and share your feelings with the DI and he tells you, "buck up, it will be okay. Hang in there sport"? We sure as hell didn't have a motivation platoon. If you're ass couldn't adjust, tough ****!
    Back in the day, if you did not keep up in training you were sent to "Motivation Platoon." Imagine being sent to "Hell" until you decided to get with the program.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    I would have liked to have gone through that boot camp. The one I went through was also much more like the one in Full Metal Jacket, except we had 5 DI's.

I had five to! Picture of them in my profile. Parris Island 1975.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Chrome doomes/cattle cars off to motivation, craw around in swamp mud all day on your back the stagnet water right below your nose, they be on the banks with a long poles poken you under the sh*t, and you had a full pack on, than run a couple miles, you would load up it was dark when you got back it was dark. thats where i seen the fat body platoon, look like they were having fun , s/f

Quote Originally Posted by kaelobo View Post
    Chrome doomes/cattle cars off to motivation, craw around in swamp mud all day on your back the stagnet water right below your nose, they be on the banks with a long poles poken you under the sh*t, and you had a full pack on, than run a couple miles, you would load up it was dark when you got back it was dark. thats where i seen the fat body platoon, look like they were having fun , s/f
    Correct - the only thing worse than Motivation Platoon was CCP (Corrective Custody Platoon). We'd see them at the mess hall while we were at the range at PI. Have you ever heard of eating a square meal where you stare ahead (never moving your eyes), your fork going to your food, then straight up, then parallel to your mouth.

I could only imagine being so scared that you wouldn't even dare to look around even for an instant. What those guys must have gone through.

As bad as training was, when we saw those guys we busted it to stay in training. Also, on 3 or 4 occasions our DI's would send 10 recruits at a time to one day motivation. They would fall out early in the morning and wouldn't get back to late at night. Wet, full of sand and dog tired. The stories they would tell of their experience certainly motivated me.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    We saw the M.P. plt. a couple of times in S.D. Just seeing what those guys were going through was enough motivation for me.

Thread Information