law enforcement officers who run into posers on a daily basis
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

law enforcement officers who run into posers on a daily basis

i am currently employed by a sheriffs department and was wondering who else might run into posers from all branches just about everyday. i will venture to say that 1 out of 10 arrest made the individual claims to have served and say they should not be treated like a criminal. the classic line i served my country and this is what i get. most you can immediately smell the bull!!!! and i have to restrain myself from knocking their head off their shoulder especially when they claim they were Marines. Good thing the Corps taught me self discipline or i would probably have lost my job at least 20 times. i usually catch them in a lie and tell them to enjoy their stay at the jail so they understand what the few that honorably do serve fight to defend. The rights of law abiding citizens to live on safe streets and not have to deal with their ignorance.

I fully understand your pain. I run into posers often and have to restrain myself from putting them in their place. If they want to live a lie who am I to tell them different? Next time you bust a poser just let them know that just because they supposedly served their country does not give them the right to break the law. Thanks for enforcing them.

It has been a constant for me, and I've been in Law Enforcement since 1988. I've ran into posers ever since.

Good book to get: "Stolen Valor" by B. G. Burkett. Consider that a 'manual' for finding and exposing posers.

I've also helped prosecute and investigate some. If you have questions, drop me a PM, I can help.

How often do you actually give someone a break in a situation like a pull over or something and they actually are former Marines? Just wondering.

Last edited by Sgt Leprechaun; 05-05-11 at 05:33 PM.

I worked as a bartender for several years and you think law enforcement runs in to posers all the time .........

I had three "black baggers" each one not more than two bar stools apart on New Years Eve at the turn of the millennium. Shhh! I was sworn to secrecy. There are days when I miss that side of bar though.

At least none of them wanted to show me their Illuminati tatto.

Read it from start to finish this afternoon. Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Leddy View Post
    How often do you actually give someone a break in a situation like a pull over or something and they actually are former Marines? Just wondering.
    As often as I can. Depends on the violation, and the 'customers' attitude at the time of the stop, truth be told.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Not a law enforcement officer, but on numerous ride-alongs I've seen it done a number of times, depending on how serious the violation was or was not.
    Hahaha!! Lawyer...going as a ride out. I'm sorry Dave. That just struck my funny bone.

Sadly enough, the only posers I've run into were ones hired and put on my shift for training in the jail division. Three total. Come in all tall and thick chested and talk big talk. I just listened and made sure thier training was priority. After a while when they had the job down...it was time to whoop the dog. Ask questions...watch em crater. There were several that talked of military careers...or service time spent. But the ones that bragged the least actually succeeded the most. The others were basically boot camp drop outs or "I was in the DEP program but my recruiter ****ed me off" kind of deal.

Typical...oh so typical....

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Hi Taira. I guess I never mentioned it before. 175 ride alongs between 1992 and 2000, plus on in NYPD South BRonx
    That South Bronx stuff must have been eye opening?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I ran into a lot of posers and real military people. As Lep said, the real ones got treated according to how they behaved or the offense involved. The posers got no break at all. The Stolen Valor Act wasn't in existence then, but both of our judges had been in the military, so they had no mercy either.

Yup. The posers got locked up for whatever I could think of and most assuredly their lies were included in the statement of charges for all and sundry to see.

Thread Information