Just want to know from the ones not in the South
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just want to know from the ones not in the South

You all know about the storms we have had here in the South close to 300 killed. What I want to know is how much news was there about it in the rest of the U.S. compared to when something happens somewhere else in the world

Credits
    Savings
    Minimal

It is all over the world news channels HLN CNN and MSNBC. Since 911 I am addicted to the world news. I am sure most of the local news channels in Ca Ma and Oh NY and RI mention it rarely.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Yesterday, it was all over the Dallas news. All the Dallas stations carried it all day. This morning, every station, local and national, is showing the big wedding in England. I could give a shet less about who gets married in England, and what celebs. are there.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It's on Local and World news here in Rhode Island everyday.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Up here in Boston the local news gave it very little coverage. Back home in Virginia, where we lost some of our citizens I was told that the local news gave it extensive coverage. I guess if it doesn't affect you or your area, it's not going to get much coverage

And Billy what are you doing here, I thought you went to the wedding?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    people more worried about who gets married in england then what happens to people in our own country

Getting lots of coverage on the local news for the Reno, Nv. area.

ok thanks all just wanted to see if the news carried it thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jerryk View Post
    people more worried about who gets married in england then what happens to people in our own country
    Is England ever going to have a King? I mean dam how long can that old woman possibly live?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    quite a bit about it here awbrown....in between the weddind news that is...way way to sad for sure

It's all over the Chicago news.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Heglar View Post
    Is England ever going to have a King? I mean dam how long can that old woman possibly live?
    There are a lot of Queens running to and fro in England.

ok thanks again but I now can see not the coverage like if something happen in another country anyone see anything on helping out or sending money like you seen for Japan some of the smaller towns are poor

A lot of churches are taking up donations for people. I'm sure other organizations will help out as well.

Also, every bit of it was covered on San Diego news. My wife and I stayed up watching the whole thing. We are from east TN, so we were on the phone with family the whole time. I had a buddy from when I was younger lose his house and his whole family. I think they said he might die as well. It really sucks that I can't be there to help out.

Thread Information