what aviation mos is better?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what aviation mos is better?

hey devildogs,

im a marine currently at 29. im a 0651. i know nothing about aviation. im trying to get my cousin the best for him. he says he wants an mos in aviation but i dont know any. i was told something in fixed-wing. but i dont know for sure. help?

keyboard commando Reyes.

what does he want to do? fly as crew in a helicopter, fix jets, sit in an air traffic control tower or handle paperwork for a squadron?

also, where are you at the stumps?

It's all going to depend on what type of job he wants to do. Once you know that info we can give you a better idea as to what's out there and what would suit him better.

6434 Ima level repair is the best if he wants to be inside with the AC on.

yeah im in 29 palms right now.

well he doesnt know any jobs. and my old recruiter. i asked him what would be the best for him and he said, data which is what i am or aviation in fixed wing. and he said he doesnt want data.

mechanic preffered.

sorry for taking long to reply.

tell him to check out the aircrew contract if he wants to turn wrenches and actually fly.

program code AG.

i have no idea on what you just said. if it helps. im in 29, he is in texas

Why do you keep calling it 29? It's 29 Palms.

Your cousin wants to be an airplane mechanic. Tell him to go see his recruiter and tell the recruiter that. Then, it will be up to his ASVAB scores. If he does not score high enough to work on planes, maybe he can still work on something else like tracks or vehicles.

Good luck to your cousin. Let us know how he does.

Fixed wing or rotary wing can not be guaranteed. If he qualifies, he can enlist as an aviation mechanic, aviation electronics technician, or enlisted flight crew. There is also aviation support which is more along the lines of ordnance or airfield operations and there is aviation operations which is more along the lines of administrative work in the aviation community.

AF is the general aviation code for mechanic i do not know the electronics code. I joined under the AF code got 6227 Fixed wing F404 IMA mechanic. in the rear or Aircraft Carrier or Iwakuni. awesome times i loved it. only problem was only 3 bases we could go to. Iwakuni, Miramar, Beaufort(was told Beaufort was getting shut down and now Marines would go to NAS Oceana) Oceana we have a small det at and there is a C school there. Awesome area i was there for school enjoyed VA Beach very much and school was a joke fleet is where the real training is

well he got a 79 iq score on the asvab and his subscores were 113 113 120 115. he qualifies for aviation. ive talked to his recruiter about him wanting an aviation job. i just wanted to know which would be best for him.

we need to know his likes / dislikes. he want to be a mechanic or an electrician? thats the first step. mechanics are separated into engine, structural, bomb building/loading and support equipment

Quote Originally Posted by mannykings5 View Post
    hey devildogs,

im a marine currently at 29. im a 0651. i know nothing about aviation. im trying to get my cousin the best for him. he says he wants an mos in aviation but i dont know any. i was told something in fixed-wing. but i dont know for sure. help?

keyboard commando Reyes.

Originally Posted by mannykings5
    well he got a 79 iq score on the asvab and his subscores were 113 113 120 115. he qualifies for aviation. ive talked to his recruiter about him wanting an aviation job. i just wanted to know which would be best for him.
    Not being a smart a$$ here, but why don't you have your cousin join Leatherneck and ask these questions for himself, or better yet, like Top suggested, let him go and ask a recruiter these questions.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    What's going on in this day and age? We type like we have a fourth grade education or we're texting. i wanna do this and i wanna do the marine thing. How about some basic communication that is above the level of dimwitted intelligence?
    What are the high schools DOING these days?

so i wanna go in the marines and yeah thats what i gotta nad wanna do, marines so i need help like right now, like i cant wait to go inta that marines thing and provemyself but my parents hate the idea ya know so i gotta do whats good for me
    whats a good mos for me ta do

Quote Originally Posted by DHaskins8 View Post
    What's going on in this day and age? We type like we have a fourth grade education or we're texting. i wanna do this and i wanna do the marine thing. How about some basic communication that is above the level of dimwitted intelligence?
    What are the high schools DOING these days?

so i wanna go in the marines and yeah thats what i gotta nad wanna do, marines so i need help like right now, like i cant wait to go inta that marines thing and provemyself but my parents hate the idea ya know so i gotta do whats good for me
    whats a good mos for me ta do

well when i was in the DEP i had a real recruiter who acted like a real E-5. he didnt sweeten things up to make people join. he made people work for it. and he worked hard to he his poolees the best. he fought for my bonus and got it. he is no longer a recruiter. and i was in recruiters assistance after he left. none of the other recruiters care as much as he did. as long as they join. thats why, i want to help my cousin as much as i can.

Thread Information