Mock Boot Camp
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mock Boot Camp

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Mock Boot Camp

My RS as well as a few other stations (I think) are going to have a mock boot camp next weekend where we stay out somewhere for 2 days with the recruiters and some DIs. I was wondering if anybody else has done something like this and what you thought of it?

Never heard of it but if I could do it I would, I would find it very beneficial to even have this "trail run" of Recruit Training.

Any experience will give you a shoe in when you do ship

Heard of it but haven't seen or done it yet.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    That would be awesome good luck!

Sounds interesting. I wouldnt mind doing it at all. Still, it would be pretty hard to get in the mind set that it is all real and matters..

^^^^My mind would be on not being the one to **** up and be IT'd for it. Thats my whole mission

Same here, im going to Minnesota for mini boot camp on the 6th

So I am going to find out what a Mock Boot Camp is like too. I get to have one on May 20th and 21st so I just found out.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    No mock here I'm getting the real deal May 9th!

thats sounds awesome, up here in brooklyn they never do stuff like this, or let us handle/ break down weapons, or go to simulated firing ranges or go to parks and run hill courses or play basketball/soccer /ect. we only do pt in the office and run to the park and around it, one time we did pt in the dirt at the park but i always here other RSS's doing so much other stuff

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    We hit parks and run obstacle courses they make up.. We even do battles like one time we re did the battle of guadal canal on a construction site with big dirt hills etc. Which we had to evac our wounded and dead like 2miles lol but it's mostly hard pt drills and long runs. We work hard but have fun scenarios during pool functions

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeBogenrief View Post
    Same here, im going to Minnesota for mini boot camp on the 6th
    Ill be there to, i was also there last year as a guest, now im a poolee and a squad leader so pretty pumped for it. But im more pumped for Real Boot Camp, 20110620!

I checked the board at my RS and we have one scheduled in a couple months, I think they're doing thess to thin the herd.

If anyone has done this or has found out anything else about the Mock Boot let us know

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    i'll tell you guys more about it when i get back next weekend, so far the recruiters are keeping it pretty hush hush. What I do know however is that there's gonna be a series of competitions and stuff against other RS's. It seems like mostly PT related stuff, like each station gets a group together for each event and they have to compete for max pullups/pushups and the best combined time on the 3mile run. There's also a knowledge event, but i'm not sure how thats going to work.

Thread Information