Marine Corps Family Night
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Marine Corps Family Night

We are having a Marine Corps family night April sixth and I was just wondering what should I expect?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    you're gonna get hazed by some DI's

and really? "this recruit"

motard

Credits
    Savings
    Are you getting Drill Instructor's at this family night or is just a family night and your Recruiters are putting you through things?

We had a Drill Instructor in January and we have 4 Drill Instructors coming up on April 9th.

As crazy as Drill Instructors look, sound, act, etc. your going to love it if you can let the mental aspect of things roll off you. However, it isn't a cake walk.

We had 1 Drill Instructor last time and he tore people apart but at the same time, It seemed more like he was trying to get everyone motivated instead of calling them out on things, but I really think he just couldn't get to all 30+ of us.. He really took shots at the Tons Of Fun kids that we have.

Anyways, If it is a Drill Instructor(s) I recommend;

1) Move Quickly
    2) Sound Off.. Even if you think you shouldn't sound off, sound off.
    3) Be Loud. He doesn't give a **** if you scream with him / her by you. As long as he hears it.
    4) ..Keep your Eyeballs off him or he'll give you a reason to look at him.
    5) DO NOT Laugh.. No matter how funny the jokes are that he throws out. I got IT'd for it.

Yeah we are going to have Drill Instructors coming. I knew we were going to get hazed but I was unsure if they were going to test us on anything such as the Marine hymn or general orders.

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah, I highly doubt it.

We didn't do anything with General Orders or The Marine Corps Hymn that day.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    knife hands.... knife hands everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJH View Post
    knife hands.... knife hands everywhere.

well said

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJH View Post
    and really? "this recruit"

motard
    Yea, and she's damn proud of it. Motards are the kinds of Marines who win medals and get **** done. You should try being one

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Yea, and she's damn proud of it. Motards are the kinds of Marines who win medals and get **** done. You should try being one
    Exactly. The less motivated and smart ass kinds usually fall harder. Glad I'm not that guy.

Why are you concerned about medals all of a sudden, Nerd?

Motard isn't a literal term PooleeGewarges. It only means somebody that flashes their motivation out in the open. A raging high tight, yelling "Oorah", Marine Corps clothing 24/7, and declaring yourself in the third person are some examples. "Motardness" does not equate to being unmotivated. If you want to use the third person to refer to yourself before boot camp that's your call. I know my recruiters would probably joke about it at first, then tell you to knock it off or go home.

Smart ass behavior...well..that's just an attitude. But I do know very successful smart asses. Had a few that I was nice enough to call "boss".

Quote Originally Posted by achilles097 View Post
    Why are you concerned about medals all of a sudden, Nerd?

Motard isn't a literal term PooleeGewarges. It only means somebody that flashes their motivation out in the open. A raging high tight, yelling "Oorah", Marine Corps clothing 24/7, and declaring yourself in the third person are some examples. "Motardness" does not equate to being unmotivated. If you want to use the third person to refer to yourself before boot camp that's your call. I know my recruiters would probably joke about it at first, then tell you to knock it off or go home.

Smart ass behavior...well..that's just an attitude. But I do know very successful smart asses. Had a few that I was nice enough to call "boss".
    it's from a movie I believe. it's a rough quote. and i don't care about medals, no, i haven't ever once cared what goes on the dress uniform. but a medal equates to the military recognizing something great that you did (typically), and saying that was a way to defend people like me.

motards don't just shout oorah and wear high and tight and Marine Corps shirts everywhere. motards are the ones who put the Marine Corps first. It can mean the idiot boot-Marine who shouts oorah all the time, but it can also mean the latter.

source: multiple Marines telling other poolees to shut up after they called me "idiot motard"

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    So much derp in this herp, it was her signature, but she removed it..

tis all cool brochachos, believe it or not I'm fairly moto myself, just not to the extreme like everyone here is...

I'm not very "moto" compared to my fellow RS Poolees.....

**** em.....I just do what needs to be done while helping others along the way.

No need to be "all marine" like.

I'll leave that to the youngins.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Medals arent "won" they are earned...

And being a motard doesnt make you a good Marine, ive seen plenty of them that i would want no where near me with a loaded weapon...

Thread Information