Before and after Boot camp.
Create Post

Smile Before and after Boot camp.

Hellow again,

I have some simple quistions that I wish to be informed about before I go to Boot, and what comes after boot and the precedures. I looked around the forums trying to find other things similar, but had a hard time specifically having my quistion answered on anouther post.

First quistion: What do your bring with you to boot camp, like supplies?

Second quistion: How fit should I get around to be for the physical aspects, that each DI will expect out of every recruit when upon getting to Boot?

Third quistion: When upon gradution will the corps pay for my family and fiance to come to my graduation free of charge of air fare, and also hotel rent?

Fourth quistion: If I just stay around Parris island for the 10 days I can take for leave, as long as I do not go off base they will ship me to my next destination free of charge for air fare for MCT. I heard from a Marine buddy of mine if you dont, then you would have to pay for your own ticket to MCT. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Redefras View Post
    Hellow again,

I have some simple quistions that I wish to be informed about before I go to Boot, and what comes after boot and the precedures. I looked around the forums trying to find other things similar, but had a hard time specifically having my quistion answered on anouther post.

First quistion: What do your bring with you to boot camp, like supplies?
    The clothes on your back and your ID. Bring little else, everything else will be issued (meaning you'll be buying it).

Second quistion: How fit should I get around to be for the physical aspects, that each DI will expect out of every recruit when upon getting to Boot?
    As fit as you can. Work on pullups, crunches and your run time.

Third quistion: When upon gradution will the corps pay for my family and fiance to come to my graduation free of charge of air fare, and also hotel rent?
    LOL no.

Fourth quistion: If I just stay around Parris island for the 10 days I can take for leave, as long as I do not go off base they will ship me to my next destination free of charge for air fare for MCT. I heard from a Marine buddy of mine if you dont, then you would have to pay for your own ticket to MCT. Is that true?
    If you choose to not take your ten days of boot leave - which I'll bet you right now that you won't make this decision; after three months of boot camp you will want to get the frak away from anything military for a week - then they'll send you to MCT right away.

Note that you may not be given the choice.

And pardon me but for frak's sake...it's 'QUESTION'.

Dictionaries....they are your friend.

And I'm NOT kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPhoneIsMine View Post
    The clothes on your back and your ID. Bring little else, everything else will be issued (meaning you'll be buying it). As fit as you can. Work on pullups, crunches and your run time. LOL no.
    If you choose to not take your ten days of boot leave - which I'll bet you right now that you won't make this decision; after three months of boot camp you will want to get the frak away from anything military for a week - then they'll send you to MCT right away.

Note that you may not be given the choice.

Thank you for the advice

Now one other thing that needs to be answered, because I live in MA would the easiest and most cost effifient way of getting down there be car or plane? I know my parents will want to go, along with my Fiance. I probably should get a estimate of how much it will cost before I go to boot, that way theres no screwballs.

By the way, sorry for my grammar. I understand it is not perfect and I am sorry about it. I am trying to improve as best I can, so I will try to make as little grammar mastakes as I can possibly when I post something on these forums.

once you pick up with a company your drill instructors will have you send a letter home with all the information your parents will need in order to visit you for graduation. no idea which one would be the most cost effective, that depends on too many factors and your family will have to work that out once they get all the details

it's not so much the grammar as the spelling. spell-checkers addons/extensions are available for all the major browsers

If they drive down for graduation, then drive you home, the Marine Corps will pay your way back to MCT. They'll talk to you about it before graduation. They flew me home right after graduation ceremony, then I was responsible to report to Geiger for MCT. So my cheap self bought a bus ticket from Philly back to MCT.

Thread Information