Marine PLC difficulty.
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Marine PLC difficulty.

Hello Marines. Im very interested in becoming an Officer in the United States Marine Corps. I cant see myself doing anything different. My question is this, how difficult is Marine PLC? Not that it makes any difference because i STRIVE for a challenge. Im just curious on how much i should prepare myself. I want to join in honor of those who gallantly served in the name of our freedom and our cause. Their self sacrifices are what made this country possible. Anyways, Im 16 years old and plan to take the Platoon leaders Class my junior and senior year of college. How should i prepare myself now for this challenge. WHat percentage of Candidates make it through PLC. After hearing interpretations from other Marines on PLC, it makes me doubtful that i will be able to make it through. However, I am willing to do whatever i can to make sure i achieve my goal and dream. Please help me out. Also, how hard is it to get accepted into this class? And one last question, I am kinda "quiet", how might that characteristic affect my chances of succeding in PLC? Thank you so much for your help!

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by eak123 View Post
    Hello Marines. Im very interested in becoming an Officer in the United States Marine Corps. I cant see myself doing anything different. My question is this, how difficult is Marine PLC? Not that it makes any difference because i STRIVE for a challenge. Im just curious on how much i should prepare myself. I want to join in honor of those who gallantly served in the name of our freedom and our cause. Their self sacrifices are what made this country possible. Anyways, Im 16 years old and plan to take the Platoon leaders Class my junior and senior year of college. How should i prepare myself now for this challenge. WHat percentage of Candidates make it through PLC. After hearing interpretations from other Marines on PLC, it makes me doubtful that i will be able to make it through. However, I am willing to do whatever i can to make sure i achieve my goal and dream. Please help me out. Also, how hard is it to get accepted into this class? And one last question, I am kinda "quiet", how might that characteristic affect my chances of succeding in PLC? Thank you so much for your help!
    Hi Ethan I went through PLC long before you were born but it hasn't changed that much.I'm enclosing two web sites that will help you out

The first deals with OCS and includes a section on PLC. It's very similar to LN. All you need to do is register

The second deals with PLC itself

But Ethan lets not get ahead of ourselves. You need first to graduate from HS, then get into a four year college ( Community colleges won't cut it if you're doing the 2 summer programs)

Keep out of trouble, keep in good shape but also enjoy your HS years. You won't do them again

http://www.marineocs.com/portal/index.php

http://www.marineofficerprograms.com...-class-plc.php

Also if you want some motivation, search Youtube for OCS and PLC videos

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Ah, I thought you might have some websites, Dan, couldn't remember.....that will help out a lot

Glad to help out....damn still standing down...lol

Don't mind us Ethan, just a couple of old men ragging on each other

Also, when you turn 17 go and talk to a recruiter, he'll be able to fill in some of the blanks I'm sure. There is no commitment, you're only there to ask questions but be up front and tell him your plans

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Hi Ethan. There are some websites cited elsewhere for PLC, etc. I think USNAviator can help you out, I'll ask him to visit this thread in a second.
    In my opinion, being "kinda quiet" is a good thing, as opposed to those who thinks the Marine Corps needs them above all else. A little quiet humility goes a long long way in any outfit.
    Let me see if Dan (USNAviator) can give you a hand here. Welcome to the forum, also
    Thank you for your help. Also thank you very much USNAviator, you provided very useful information. I noticed you mention that being quiet is a good thing. However, how might that affect me when participating in Billets. Thanks again!

First, I second the Commander. The first step for you to become an Officer of Marines is to do well High School, and stay out of trouble!

As for participating in billets: you simply have to be yourself. There was a great article in the Marine Corps Gazette a few months ago about different leadership styles of iconic leaders. The bottom line is: if you try to be something you're not, you're going to fall on your face.

But the gist of being quiet in OCS is: don't bring un-due attention to yourself! When it's your time to lead, lead. When it's not, then follow. Be as good a follower for others as you want them to be for you.

Getting into any OCS program nowadays is difficult - very competitive. That being said, what can you do?

1. Good grades and a decent college.
    2. Stay out of trouble - any brush with the law can be enough to DQ you - who knows how tight it will be 5 years from now?
    3. Get in shape and stay in shape - make it a way of life. Much of OCS is about stress induced through PT.

Thread Information