Panic in bootcamp - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the responses guys, I know I don't have some kind of panic disorder or whatever, I just talk myself into thinking things are happening when they're not. I have this amazing (not in a good sense) tendency to start telling myself scary thoughts. I don't have panic attacks, in fact I think I've only had one in my life and it was over something STUPID, if it even was a panic attack. I basically just hyperventilated because I was panicking and overthinking. That's what I do, is overthink. I've wanted to be a Marine for far too long to allow this to hinder me from it, so I'm just hoping bootcamp will make it stop. Again, thanks everyone.

Oh and for the record, when I say I get panic when I'm afraid, I don't even mean afraid of things that SHOULD scare me. For instance, I've had friends dying in hospitals before, or die in general, and that didn't make me panic. Yet when I thought I was sick, I panicked. Trust me, I don't think this is a panic disorder as much as it's me talking myself into thinking things are worse than they are.

Can I be blunt? Best advice?

Chill.

Yeah, sounds stupid, but consider it.

You'll be fine, I promise.

Don't let it get to you. YOU control 'you', just remember that.

you'll be fine, boot camp isn't a tenth as scary as people make it out to be

Just relax, you'll be fine. Stop focusing on the negative and think positive. Instead of worrying about what you might get kicked out for, focus on preparing yourself to kick ass and take names. PT, PT, PT and then PT some more.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Honey, you'll do fine. I, like Sparkie, was a quiet, cry at the drop of a dime, timid girl when I went in at 23. I made it through boot camp and ain't hardly nobody been able to tell me much since. You got to want it though, girl! And want it bad! You'll find yourself doing all kinds of things you never thought that you would. All you got to do is give it your all.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    Honey, you'll do fine. I, like Sparkie, was a quiet, cry at the drop of a dime, timid girl when I went in at 23. I made it through boot camp and ain't hardly nobody been able to tell me much since. You got to want it though, girl! And want it bad! You'll find yourself doing all kinds of things you never thought that you would. All you got to do is give it your all.
    Kim, you're the best.

There is no Panic in Boot Camp.

I did have a Private come at me with his Rifle Lock, but his was caused by a flash back from LSD the dummy had taken before enlisting. Told the privates in the hut to hold him down between two mattress and called the meat wagon. Last time I saw Private Snook he was in a padded room at Naval Hospital, SD.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Long as she doesn't faint like them goats do, she'll be OK.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm trying to picture her reaction to sitting on a ship for a month then gearing up and heading to the well deck. Long row of am-tracs all sitting there ideling. All you can smell is diesel fumes. Next crammed in there like sardines. Some more sitting there ideling only this time you are crammed in a steel box and the only light is a tiny red light up near the front. Finally that thing hauls ass of the ramp and goes completely underwater. Hopefully it pops back up. Then you bob around like a cork and all you can hear is the roar of the engine while you sit still and try to sleep. Finally seems like hours later you hit the beach. Then it is a rollar coaster gone berzerk.

Could that possibly induce a panic attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    I'm trying to picture her reaction to sitting on a ship for a month then gearing up and heading to the well deck. Long row of am-tracs all sitting there ideling. All you can smell is diesel fumes. Next crammed in there like sardines. Some more sitting there ideling only this time you are crammed in a steel box and the only light is a tiny red light up near the front. Finally that thing hauls ass of the ramp and goes completely underwater. Hopefully it pops back up. Then you bob around like a cork and all you can hear is the roar of the engine while you sit still and try to sleep. Finally seems like hours later you hit the beach. Then it is a rollar coaster gone berzerk.

I'm no Marine but I really hope that would put a little panic in ANYONE. Haha

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post

I started panicing at going completely underwater!

Thread Information