Free Marine Corps Gear - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    it was just a tad ironic he makes a statement like that and then talks about how nothing is earned in the army....like he has any clue to begin with.

But good thing he earned his praise and respect....

hooah motivator, hooah

^^^^^I don't understand......please explain

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2HaveEGA843 View Post
    ^^^^^I don't understand......please explain
    The kid Dutch44 quoted in page 3...basically was stroking his own ego by saying a bunch of people "praise" him. talked mad smack about the Army saying nothing is earned.

I really don't care if he's called the "Marine kid" by his peers or patted on the back by some old veterans. But don't be talking down an entire branch Nerd like you know what your talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch 44 View Post
    it was just a tad ironic he makes a statement like that and then talks about how nothing is earned in the army....like he has any clue to begin with.

But good thing he earned his praise and respect....

hooah motivator, hooah
    Isn't "hooah" an Army thing?

Quote Originally Posted by robbyj View Post
    Isn't "hooah" an Army thing?
    Disregard this post, did not read full post, epic fail on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Around my hometown, people are in awe of me being in the Marine Corps DEP. I have been approached tons of times by veterans and civilians and been given a handshake or a pat on the back accompanied with a "thank you for serving our country"

Kids at my school know me as "The Marine Kid" and a lot of them think it's badass.
    What bothers me about this post is that you don't even bother to mention to those who are patting you on the back or giving you a handshake for "serving our country", is that you haven't even made it through boot camp, let alone "serve our country" yet.....

It's great that you are volunteering to join, but don't take "thanks" for something you haven't done yet in "serving our country".

Oh, and free Marine Corps gear....if there is any "free Marine Corps gear" to be handed out, it should go to Marines, not wannabes or poolees.....the Marines "EARNED IT".

Concur. Lets not start patting ourselves on the arse just quite yet, shall we? Yes, you've stepped up and done something most people your age have NOT, and for that, good on ya.

But until you are wearing that EGA, that is ALL you have done. Remember that.

Closed for the good of the order.

Thread Information