selective service
Create Post

selective service

ive been in the dep for 9 months and im turnin 18 in 2 weeks am i supposed to register for the selective service even though im already enlisted?

As stupid as this sounds.... Yes, absolutley. You cant get a Federal Job or a student loan or Pell grant for college without certifying that you have registered.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by TunTvrnWarrior View Post
    As stupid as this sounds.... Yes, absolutley. You cant get a Federal Job or a student loan or Pell grant for college without certifying that you have registered.
    To illustrate Mike how far out of the loop I am I didn't know it still existed. That must be one nice cushy Federal Job. Director of the Selective Service. I wonder how many they employ? Are females still exempt from registering? I don't recall my daughters ever bringing it up.

I figured the Selective Service was history. If we ever use it again in this day and age, Canada's population is really going to grow.

go to sss.gov and click "check a registration"

input your information and if it returns your selective service ID, you're in the system and don't have to worry about it, however I was 18 when I enlisted, so I don't know about you.

You know, I don't recall every registering however I DO have a SS number. I'm not sure how that all worked out haha. I joined at 17, maybe the military did it for me?

If I remember correct, I registered at the post office.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I still have my draft card some where. I was told never to lose it. Sort of like those tags on the bottom of chairs "Don't remove under penalty of prosecution" For you young folk, I'm being serious, they really did exist. I remember my dear Mom going into a tizzy when one of the tags fell off....sad LOL

did it on the website, thanks for the replys

Thread Information