throwing knives? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
    Wyoming the assumption I mean is you thought I was bragging about me being skilled with throwing knives. If it was sarcasm or a joke then by all means I will apologize but sarcasm can be a bit hard to understand over typing.

And to the other Marine who posted after(I don't recall his/her name) I didn't come here with an attitude but I did come here with a question to be answered but I have answered each Marine's response as i saw it in the utmost respect.

And thank you Aviator your post is a big help and I'll check to see if those are the updated regulations or what I was told.
    You're welcome and carry on smartly. You're a credit to West Virginia

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    You're welcome and carry on smartly. You're a credit to West Virginia

No disrespect but when I'm a Marine then I'll consider myself a credit to West Virginia

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    No disrespect but when I'm a Marine then I'll consider myself a credit to West Virginia
    Good one!!!! BTW we have a JAG Officer aboard. Today he is in court, if you can hold on for a day or two, I'll see if can shed some further light on these Marine Regs

Um hey i'm new here but anyways I am wanting to join the Marines and am going for my interview with a recruiter tomarrow. I was just wanting to know if on active duty if I could carry throwing knives if I am actually skilled with them. I asked my recruiter and he said he wasn't sure so i thought maybe you could help me. Thank you all for your time, answers, and service and I hope to join you all as a proud Marine soon.
    How did you do on the test the recruiter gave you?

1. You never bring a knife to a gun fight.

2. I really think this is the last straw. I am officially done with the site haha. I'll check PM's and see if anyone is still wanting to keep in touch...outside of that, good luck to you all.

To the poster, since I'm leaving I will speak my mind. You are a f*cking idiot. I just wanted to let you know that. Everyone here is thinking it, however they are being politically correct. I really hope this whole thing was a joke, because if not, I am seriously concerned about the people wanting to join the Corps these days. Let me repeat one last time that you're an idiot.

S/F Marines.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Covey_Rider View Post
    1. You never bring a knife to a gun fight.

2. I really think this is the last straw. I am officially done with the site haha. I'll check PM's and see if anyone is still wanting to keep in touch...outside of that, good luck to you all.

To the poster, since I'm leaving I will speak my mind. You are a f*cking idiot. I just wanted to let you know that. Everyone here is thinking it, however they are being politically correct. I really hope this whole thing was a joke, because if not, I am seriously concerned about the people wanting to join the Corps these days. Let me repeat one last time that you're an idiot.

S/F Marines.
    1. Honestly that is your opinion and you are free to think it. Just because someone would carry them it doesn't mean they wouldn't use a rifle.

2. I'm not an idiot, I simply just believe in being prepared in the worst conditions. By all means if it means it could save my fellow Marines I'll use anything whether I'm skilled with it or not to protect them. So by this i fail to see how I am an idiot for wanting to have weapons to protect the brave Marines next to me.

Last edited by StevenF; 04-01-11 at 04:37 PM. Reason: forgot a comma =(

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Steven, it's way more than that, I think you realize.
    I mean, do you honestly believe that this thread is about nothing more than one defending himself?
    The fact is, we're getting a lot more BS threads than we've seen in a long time. I don't know whether it's due to a full moon, but its' a fact.

I'm sorry if this seems like a BS question to anyone here and I'm not trying to come off as disrespectful. I was just asking because I wanted to protect the Marines I'd be grouped with and be a credit to the United States Marine Corp. If you would all like I'll happily stop replying and let this slide away.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    No no, you don't have to slide away. You just want to protect the Marines you're with, and I'm sure they'll be very grateful for that protection, and there's nothing more to this than that. Okay.

Thank you Sir.

Credits
    Savings
    ****!!!

I'm sorry if this seems like a BS question to anyone here and I'm not trying to come off as disrespectful. I was just asking because I wanted to protect the Marines I'd be grouped with and be a credit to the United States Marine Corp. If you would all like I'll happily stop replying and let this slide away.
    Yes, this does bother me.......it's United States Marine Corps......with an "s".

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    Yes, this does bother me.......it's United States Marine Corps......with an "s".

Sorry Ma'am it won't let me edit it.

Last edited by StevenF; 04-01-11 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Giving an apology to SoftballCatch23 on my error

Sorry Ma'am I'll go fix it now.
    There's a 5 minute rule....anything after that, you can't fix.

I know we all making typing errors, it happens, but......Marine Corps is spelled out all over the site.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    There's a 5 minute rule....anything after that, you can't fix.

I know we all making typing errors, it happens, but......Marine Corps is spelled out all over the site.

Oh, I thought I hit the "s" key but I was mistaken. Sorry Ma'am.

Money says this is you on your first deployment.

But seriously, go in & learn from your team/squad leaders. theres a wealth of info & experience they can pass on to you. & dont mention throwing knives.

Attached Images Attached Images

Wish somebody would fix that edit button and give us more than only 5 minutes...my brain housing group gets stuck in neutral sometimes.

Thread Information