LCpl Jermaine Gibson
Create Post

LCpl Jermaine Gibson

Rest in peace, brother.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?se...ate&id=8023952

The Cathedral City Police Department is saddened to announce the untimely death of one of its unsung heroes during the performance of his duties to protect and serve the community of Cathedral City. On Friday, March 18, 2011, at approximately 11:34 P.M., Cathedral City Police Officer Jermaine Gibson was involved in a high speed vehicle pursuit of a vehicle occupied by a wanted parolee at large. During the pursuit, Officer Gibson lost control of his police unit and collided with a palm tree on the east side of South Palm Canyon Drive in Palm Springs. Officer Gibson sustained fatal injuries as a result of the collision and was pronounced deceased at the collision scene. The collision is currently being investigated by the California Highway Patrol's Multi-Disciplinary Accident Investigation Team.

Officer Gibson, a 29-year old former United States Marine, had been a police officer for Cathedral City for over 1 ˝ years, and had been a law enforcement officer for about three years, starting out his law enforcement career as a volunteer Police Explorer in Richmond, California as a teenager. Officer Gibson was a tenacious officer who believed in the profession and making a difference in the community. Officer Gibson was recognized just last week in Riverside for his efforts to identify and arrest drunk drivers by MADD.

Officer Gibson was married within the past year, and was the proud father of a four-week old baby boy. Officer Gibson will be missed by all his friends and family. Godspeed…

He was stationed in 29 Palms, CA with 2/7 and PMO.

R.I.P. Marine

REST IN PEACE MY BROTHER MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS AND WATCH OVER YOUR FAMILY AND MY HE CRADDLE YOU IN HIS ARMS.

SEMPER FI

stephen doc hansen hm3 FMF

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    RIP Marine.
    Prayers Outbound for All.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

RIP Marine, Semper Fidelis.

Mustang Marine,Never forgot where he came from!

Lt.Col,Ernest Brdon pssed away March 1st.2011,He enlisted in the Marine Corp.before ww2 as a private,He fought in WW2 got a Battltefield commision,did combat tours in Korea And Vietnam.He was also with Force Recon & ParaMarines.His last Command were 3rd Batt.14th Marines& Marinewing Motor transport SQ.4hE WAS THE BEST co i EVER SERVED WITH HE WILL BE MISSED BY MANY.

My condolences on the loss of your friend and someone who sounds like an exemplary Marine.

Semper Fi, Scott

LCpl. Jermaine Gibson obviously knew what service to his nation meant. Many Police and Firefighters and Medics have prior military service and once discharged from active military duty, always seem to find another way to serve our country in a dangerous but much needed profession. I will mourn his death and remember him in my prayers.
    Semper Fi, Scott

LCpl and Officer Gibson-sounds like a great guy-May God Watch over his Wife and Son.May he be Loved and Protected by God-for Doing the Right Things in Life.Sometimes things don't go the way We plan them and it hurts,when this happens.We can only ask Why?Life is not Fair,it's a Struggle.......

Rip Marine !!! S/f...mtn.goat

Thread Information