Request for Poolee status
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Request for Poolee status

This poolee signed his papers and completed MEPS today. He humbly requests that the moderators change his status. If this is not the correct way to ask for a status change this poolee apologizes.

Jesus christ, you're not in boot camp son, you can say "I"...

Speaking in the third person is just annoying, boots always do it when they get to MCT..

Quote Originally Posted by Devil1087 View Post

Speaking in the third person is just annoying, boots always do it when they get to MCT..
    lol, thats it, just lol

this a million times over

and for the love of frak, don't start addressing yourself as "Poolee <lastname>" Poolee isn't a rank or a title or an honorific. But definitely don't start talking in the third person yet and when you're there don't make your family facepalm by saying "this recruit" in letters to mom

Don't worry, bro, you'll get used to it. Just like the drill instructors are able to turn the character off and on you'll learn how to go from talking like a recruit in their presence and talking like a human being when it's just you and your platoon mates.

Relax.

Sorry guys I was just trying to follow the site etiquette . I have just seen so many posts where people get torn a new **** and after the speech my recruiter gave me about "You will now practice addressing Marines by their rank and title etc. etc. etc." I guess I'll just go have a and relax

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonFarlon View Post
    Sorry guys I was just trying to follow the site etiquette .
    And it's Marines, not guys.

Or Me,lol, Semper Fidelis.

Angry

Sorry guys I was just trying to follow the site etiquette . I have just seen so many posts where people get torn a new **** and after the speech my recruiter gave me about "You will now practice addressing Marines by their rank and title etc. etc. etc." I guess I'll just go have a and relax
    Another thing to remember you pizz one Marine off you will have to deal with all of us, Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    And it's Marines, not guys.
    I must have been sleeping, Semper Fidelis.

Aye Sir!

Aye Sir!
    I don't think so...........

implying anyone but regulars on this site know you're a WM, don't get butthurt when nothing on your avatar shows that you are, don't expect everyone to read your profile before responding to you.

I called me recruiter "dude" the whole time i was a poolee, he didn't care.

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    That should be done by private message, not in front of poolees. It encourages disrespect, which is prevalent enough as it is.
    And had I been your recruiter, "dude" would've been used just once.

I've been called Sir before even with my current avatar....

Last edited by Sgt Leprechaun; 03-24-11 at 12:01 AM.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Thread Information